Do guys like girls who play hard to get?

just wondering about opinions lol

what if they are shy but still do it?
okay. so now what there's so sort of mutual attraction.
or how long would you give her?

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 19

• Just a LITTLE. Some girls play too hard, to the point where the guy just loses interest. Play a little hard, but still show that you are interested, with a smile or a look, something like that, but show that you're playing a game and not trying to push us away.

• I go with everyone who says NO :-D

The moment a girl plays hard to get (my gf is doing that these days and I'm trying to explain to her that it'll put me off beyond a certain limit but guess she thinks it's a pretty smart move lol), I'm history that instant :-)

Shy is understandable and we can work around that but playing hard to get is a deal breaker at least for me and guys like me who don't treat girls as a trophy or acquisition :-)

• Nope. Been played too many times or had them come up to me years later saying why did you never ask me out. Well if you would have quit playing the games maybe i would have. Too much work, world has changed, we all have shit to get done. If you like a guy and he asks you to do something don't string it along. I lose interest very quickly and move on as do several people i know. Have better things to do with my time then chase a girl.

• it's annoying really it's like ur wasting my time... how would you like it if a guy was like "ur kinda attractive to me but not enough for me to commit just yet" most intelligent guys will walk away and then desperate unstable ones with stick arouND so essentially what you are doing is weeding out all the good ones, congrats

• Eh... women who intentionally make me chase her I don't find attractive as much. I get the "push pull" thing when it comes to attraction, but if she's not showing enough interest there's no reason for me to keep going forward.

If a woman is utterly enthralled to be in my presence then that makes me MUCH more attracted to her.

• No. That is the quickest way to make a guy drop any interest in you and move along.
    Most guys hate women that play stupid games.
    The best way to get a guy? make the first move. go after him.

• I am shy and this is already hard to deal with but no. I don't have time for confusion and games. Just be straightforward. If you like me, we can go from there. If not cool, move on.

• Up to a point.

But if a girl is enthusiastic and flirts a lot, even initiates conversation, then that is hot in my opinion

• No way, never play hard to get. I usually get bored eventually and the spark dies. That's how it happened with the last girl. And next she wondered why I did not love her.

Honestly it's a very stupid and immature thing to do. You can be detached in the beginning and not get into dating stuff really fast but ignoring him or playing hard to get and you will screw up.

• Hell no. How are we meant to tell between hard to get and genuine lack of interest?

Even if we do figure it out, the idea that you're playing stupid games now suggests it'll continue into any relationship, which is a serious turn-off.

• Nope. There are rare guys who like it. But once a good solid friendship or relationship is established, definitely drop it. Just ask my ex.

• Me, personally no. I have no time for intentional games.

• Some actually do, but most don't. In my case I go for the girls who show interest back.

• Hell no.

I give up, throw in the towel and go after another girl.

• 0|0
  • not even a little bit.

• There is no manual as to how long. Everything relationship wise deteriorates. If a guy is attracted to a girl, from that moment, the attraction starts leaking out of the container it is in. And if she is too busy playing hard to get, while she is doing that, the attraction becomes less.. and less... and eventually, his attraction is gone and you are stuck wondering "why did he start talking to my friend"
    you had your chance. its one thing to be "hard to get" its another thing to Play "hard to get"

• No way, never liked that.

• No, not at all. Until a certain point it's ok because at least the girl knows who is persistent enough to try and be with her. But after that certain point it is very irritating and I lose all my interest as I think she does not like me.
    Shy of what, to open up toward the guy?

What Girls Said 0