Why does he talk so much in person but texting it's dead?

I feel like he doesn't like me back. But in person he talks a lot and makes me laugh and I make him laugh. In text he just says "lol okay." Or " okay that's nice." Is he just not a big texter? I mean on our date he held my hand and kept hugging me and kept making eye contact with me.

Most Helpful Guy

• Some people aren't into texting a lot. They have better things to do with their time. Believe it or not, people met each other, talked, dated, and got married before there were text messages. Just because this guy doesn't want to waste his time texting doesn't mean he doesn't like you. He's just not obsessed with his phone, which is healthy.

What Guys Said 1

• He wants to keep all interesting stuff for when he meets you, so that it's not the other way around

What Girls Said 4

• It's going to sound a bit odd, but sometimes even the biggest of talkers just don't know what to say over text. Wordcraft is funny like that, in one medium it's excelled while in another form it's below average. The thing that makes texting hard, sometimes, is we don't know the connation or understand the flex in tones, so we play it safe and give a short anwer instead of asking "What do you mean?" and such. Or, it's possible he's an introvert. Some introverts, not all, prefer to not text as much, but they are comfortable with talking to someone they know in person. My boyfriend is an example of an introverted texter, I'll send him a long message and I get short responses like, "Okay", "Sure", "I'm sorry", "I'm good", or no response at all. These are all just possibilities though.

• Do you see him on his phone often? If not he's just not into texting.

• Some guys just aren't into texting. Try calling him instead of texting next time.

• Probably not into texting. Give him a ring instead or meet up more?