Ex broke up with me four weeks ago. Found out she lied about the reasons and there was a guy involved. Should I think of her as a terrible person?

My ex and I broke up around 4 weeks ago. She had been acting weird the weekend of the breakup with no noticeable signs to me that before at all. I finally sat her down and dragged out what had been bothering her. She said that she couldn't be in the relationship anymore and that it wasn't me it was her and she felt like she was stressing about work and not knowing where she was in life (I know what this line really means reddit thank you). Anyways I knew that if she got to this point there was no changing her mind. So I talked it out with her as best I could and tried to keep my calm and sadness in check as we spoke for that hour. She wanted to keep texting me and even go with her to her Christmas party (has not told work friends we broke up) both of which I was not entirely comfortable doing. Received confirmation from a mutual friend recently that she was seeing someone else. This would be sad but manageable if I didn't piece together the fact that she had received questionable texts from this guy the weekend before we broke up. she was being uncharacteristically secret about her phone. I know that something happend, which explains the sudden breakup. I have not told her that I know. Part of me keeps swinging back and forth between hating her for the lies she said to my face even though I asked her if there was someone else, and just completely letting it go for my sanity. I can't help but feel a little hate, and I keep stopping myself from throwing an atomic text her way because I am pretty sure the new guy does not know she is still trying to text me either. How should I handle this/keep my sanity. Really how should I feel about this?

Most Helpful Guy

• Probably, but forget her and move on. The relationship is over. As they say in the Mafia movies: she is dead to you.
    You have nothing to gain by dwelling on this matter.

What Girls Said 1

• Whether she lied or not is of absolutely no consequence to you, since you have broken up. Think whatever you please of her, but be glad that she's out of your life anyway. :D

What Guys Said 1

• She was cheating & didn't want to tell you. Think nothing of her, at all. Cut any & all contact from her. She's not even worth another thought. As far as you're concerned, she should be dead to you. Move on & find a girl that isn't a cheating bitch.