What happens when all of the nice guys turn into assholes?

I can't seem to find an attractive nice guy anywhere... it's like they all learnt in high school that to get girls you have to be an asshole.

Anyone else feel this way?

Most Helpful Guy

• "an attractive nice guy", can't just have one or the other? Always with the wanting!

There are no unicorns.

• Women like attractive men just as much as you want that hot kate upton look alike.

It's how both sexes are built.

• I'm not into online dating at all wish I was.

• I wish you were too.

What Guys Said 19

• Good for the girls who like to rim :-D

lol that may sound like a troll but it's not. It's purely personal experience of every individual. While growing up each gender and every individual learn things, some of them that are outright stupid. But again attractive is again something to do with individual perception.

Can't deny the fact that somewhere subconsciously one may be looking at guys / girls who have certain traits that the conscious mind of the seeker considers not good :-)

• I find myself to be attractive and a nice guy, and many others around me, friends acquaintances alike. you may be looking in the wrong place. or looking with the wrong attitude. through personal experience , find someone is almost entirely up to you. change your perspective a bit, go somewhere different, try something new. you may find that guy who was under your nose the entire time :) hope i helped.

• Go where though? I can't find one in my college... and I don't think a bar or club would be any better at all lol.

• join a school club, take a random salsa class. take a different bus to school. go to the local church, (if your that desperate). do something sparatic and random. those are always the best stories for meeting someone.

• I have this theory. In school, nice guys don't get girls. Douches and jocks do. Fact. But now poor nice guy doesn't know what to do and so has to start learning douche ways in order to get a girl. It works. Worked wonders for me. So what is left is many guys that were good guys, become douches and the problem comes when women get older and don't want that. But its a bit late. I have a project plan of being a douche for a few more years then I will calm down.

• That's what I hear and unfortunately i have been that girl. I rejected all of my super nice guy friends and they are all assholes now and i can't seem to find a nice guy anywhere. Karma perhaps.

• Its not karma. Its just a cycle. I find in todays world, women have the attraction power till their 30's. But then time robs you of your beauty and you may even have kids etc and many guys only start gaining their power from 30. Its just cycles. But these are just generalizations. There are good, pretty people out there at any age. And another thing, I find nice guys don't really get that rejected, they don't make the move and lose out. So you may have rejected some, but don't confuse it with not "seeing them" for who they are. If they didn't make a move, how would you know?

• 0|1
  • Guys stop being nice when nice stops working. Every guy that used to be nice and isn't anymore learned from the girl he liked friend zoning him and going out with the pot head partier instead.

It just works better to be an asshole, because after a while you learn that women are just as shallow as men, and if you treat them like assholes you will see which ones never liked you romantically to begin with rather than dragging it on forever just to find out you were friend zoned.

• That's the problem though how is anyone ever going to get into a real relationship with this kinda cycle? It's like some girl screws a nice guy over and he becomes a player and screws a nice girl over and so it goes on..

• It is, but after things happen enough you learn to adapt. It's just human nature.

• Q: What happens when all of the nice guys turn into assholes?
    A: The girl posts a question on a web forum.

• I've been called 'nice' by far too any people. Always seeing the asswipes (and good people too) with the girl. Oh politeness can jump out a window, that shit gets you ignored faster than anything. I'm 27 and I've gone far too long being nice.

• You can't give up now. You've come this far!

• They are either
    1) taken
    2) gay
    3) hidden in solitary due to social anxiety (it's possible for attractive people)
    4) busy studying/working/focusing on their career

• while I can admit that most of these guys speak the truth, I just can't be like that. Especially more recently. Whats with the girls who get knocked up by the douche they were banging in high school? Why does it take bringing a child into the world for them to realize "Wow! I should stop dating guys like that. "? By then its too late. Anyway , just save yourself the trouble and just hold out for a nice guy. It will take longer , but maybe it will be worth it.

• Yeah you're definitely right. Good for you on not being one of those guys it takes a lot to stand out from the crowd.

• Hang out somewhere different from where you usually do. Also, thanks but it really doesn't take much. Sounds lame , but you will always attract the wrong person if you aren't yourself.

• very true

• A lot actual nice guys are either hurt so badly by a woman or women that they become bitter and resentful or they are confused with "nice guys" and are slapped down at every turn a give up on women entirely.

• Some turn bitter against women because they don't realize they're pushovers. When they do, they tend to go to the opposite extreme.

• "Attractive" nice guy...
    Bravo. You made sure to add the physical standard instead of justing saying there aren't any nice guys. Most girls neglect that part. As for your "problem," just keep looking.

• I am not going to lie and say it's all about the personality.

• I don't know how to be an asshole. I'm too dumb and nice to be one. But I think it would be terrible if all nice guys would really turn into assholes.

• The nice guys that are attractive are A) Taken B) Gay

• True..

• They do exist though. If you ever meet one, you need to snatch him quick cause girls are gonna fucking steal him fast! lol

• I guess they're all taken lol.

• Hey
    ... assholeness is just the top layer... u have to get near it to know whts inside... if u have the gut!! :P

• QA - Based on some of your answers here, you seem to be looking for something that CANNOT exist in your reality! You want a nice guy that you are attracted to! IMPOSSIBLE! I repeat -- That CANNOT exist in your reality!

I'm pretty old now. But as a young man, I was blessed with movie star looks and a tall, magnificent athletic body. I went out for boxing and did well at it. Here's where the problem came in. I began to feel bad about hitting people, so I gave it up! I wanted to be a very nice guy! Despite my good looks and tall, athletic body women had no use for me except as a friend.

I learned that a man cannot be really nice and attractive to women at the same time! Being extremely nice and caring about others was like a sacred concept to me. But this made it virtually impossible for me to have a girlfriend! Because of repeated rejections and friend zoning, my youth was basically ruined!

In one of your responses here you claimed:

"I mostly meet guys who are too nice and who I am not attracted to or guys who are complete cocky assholes but who are hot but I wouldn't date either because i hate cockiness."

Can't you see? The very act of a man being "nice" basically destroys female attraction! So you are looking for that which CANNOT EXIST in your reality! There's a reason why so many men have become "[complete cocky assholes]". Think about it! No actual nice guy is good enough for you unless he can turn himself into a magically mixed golden miracle person! That's highly unlikely!

So what is left? A lot of women reach middle age and are still looking for golden miracle men. I hope you don't become one of them! Ciao!

• Then a dick will emerge between ur thighs and U drill those completely.

• Plenty of nice guy's , but attractive well there is your problem.

It's like how many attractive and nice girls are there... not very many for sure.

• I know plenty...

• Then don't ask the question.

• I meant plenty of nice and attractive girls.

• Well you can blame a majority of the girls for that. Since I failed so many times with the nice guy approach, I went with the dick approach and it worked out really well. I got over not acting like who I was just to get a girl so now I act like myself, but I know a lot of guys who still act like douches to get girls when they were once really nice guys.

What Girls Said 2

• Not really... there's still plenty of nice, decent guys around in my opinion. I encounter them all the time at my uni and I was lucky enough to get one for a boyfriend too. You need to look in the right places. The asshole kinda guys are always at the front.. you seem to notice them more cause they have more confidence but if you look around and deeper you'll see other guys too.

• I keep hearing that but it never happens girl :( good for you though.

• It does... don't be so pessimistic. If you keep filling your mind with negative thoughts like that then you'll never meet someone. It's all about hope, positive vibes and being happy on your own first. Then the right guy will come along

• I'll keep that in mind! thank ya

• Actually, just ignore them all. Guys who truly believe they need to be jerks to get the girls aren't worth keeping anyway. XD

• Then there is not guys left girl haha. Not in my college anway