Last day of class. I gotta get the guts?

Well, I can't believe I'm asking this question, but I need some advice/encouragement. There's a girl in one of my classes that is going to end on Thursday (only a day and a half away!) I want to ask her out, and that will be my last chance. What's a good way to go about it? I usually fail to make a move and justify it by telling myself why it wouldn't work out with the girl. I shall not let that happen again. Ideas on what to say, suggest what we should do as a date?

Forget this anonymous stuff! (Goes un-anonymous)
OK people, results are in. Sort of. I got the digits at least...

Most Helpful Girl

• Better to do it and face rejection than wonder "what if?" Regrets are the worst! I'm going to answer this in general terms, because I don't know the specifics (if you've talked, if she knows who you are, if you've just stared at her from a distance, if she seems sort of interested, etc). I hope that you sort of know her and have talked to her before. This increases your chances, rather than her being like, "Um, no... who are you?" There is also a difference of asking her out, and asking for her number (I'm assuming you don't have it).

You can do this two ways. You could either ask for her number, get to know her a bit better, and then ask her out. Or, you could suggest a date, hope she says yes, and then get her number so you can make the date happen. Personally, I would prefer the first because a date is a big thing, but giving my number out is a little simpler. It give me more time to think about my response and also if I actually want to go with this guy.

As a girl, the thing I would appreciate the most is honesty. So just tell her exactly what you did here! That this is probably the last time you'll ever see her and you don't want to miss this opportunity and that you'd like to spend more time with her.

If all goes well and the date happens, I suggest getting some food somewhere like a mall or a mainstreet type of thing, doesn't necessarily have to be expensive. Just a nice place where there's plenty to look at and walk around and also food.

You can do this! Just take a deep breath. I wish you luck. Please keep me updated! I hope it goes well :)

• Thanks for you're advice. Yeah, she knows who I am. We always talk a little before class, and walk out together and chat on the way to our vehicles. But I don't have her number, and we haven't ever talked outside of school. So you would rather a guy get your # first, then ask you out?

• Okay, whew! I would be a little worried for you if you only looked at her from afar lol. If you chat while you walk to your cars, then that's definitely a great time to ask her. With number vs. date, it depends on the interest that I had in the guy. If I liked him, then asking to go on a date first would be awesome. If I wasn't sure how I felt about him, him asking for my number would be preferable (If you get her number first you also can try again another time, even if she says no). Base it off of how well you know her and the vibe you get from her, and also how direct you want to be. Just go with your gut feeling, because in the end, that's all you have. :) Best of luck!

What Girls Said 3

• oh my god this is so adorable.. ok first off if you dont ask her out you will so regret it! even if she turns you down thats the worst that could happen but at least you won't be left wondering what if? be confident but not cocky. y'all could go ice skating or drive around looking at Christmas lights.. something festive lol

• Yeah, I feel like I'm gonna miss out if I don't at least try. Any specific tips?

• best of luck! :)

• Thanks! I'll post an update on Thursday. :-)

• I think you should just relax about it. :) like do not make it a mission to like go straight up to her a pour your heart out. Go up to her casually or somethin and. start a convo with her, and keep it short. Like ask what she's going to do over her break and stuff and talk for like a few mins and then pretend like you have to leave somewhere urgently and say "oh hey i gotta go, i can talk to you later, can i have your number? "

• Slick. I like it. Its good idea since there's always other people around.

• How did it go?(:

• Well, we walked out together as usual, and before we reached our cars, I asked if she'd want to hang out sometime, since we wouldn't be in class anymore. We swapped numbers, and she said "i'll see you after break, or maybe before". I called her today, but she didn't answer. :O so, it could have gone worse. :-\ thanks for asking :-D

• now that u got the digits, message her that u wanted to talk to her more because u think she is cool but didn't get the chance to and see her reaction. if she is friendly and smiley then u can proceed to ask her to go out somewhere

• Sounds like a plan. If you give a guy your #, can he call too soon or wait too long?

• I don't mean right away on the same day, but the following one would be ok. actually it sounds more confident in my opinion to contact the following day or 2

• Awesome. That is my plan : )

What Guys Said 3

• Take a chance, my dude. Or else succumb to crippling depression.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBImLtr4LEo

• "You can do it!", etc.

• Think about it this way... What have you got to lose? What have you got to gain? You can choose to not make a move and go on with your life but you will have less confidence and more self doubt because of that. Make the move! Talk to her!

For the date idea, how old are y'all and what are your interests?

• 18 me, 19 her. We both drive/ have cars. My interests: music, girls/her, food, animals, cars, Christmas. Her interests: animals, she probably eats food, so there's more common ground.

• Done, easy. Go to the zoo. First dates should involve an activity of some sort. Stay away from movies and food for the first date. Go to the zoo, walk around, talk. If you decide you two aren't good for each other, cut the date off, take her home politely and respectfully and then move onto the next. If it does go well, then go on a second date. Don't let the fact that you have her on a pedestal already prevent you from deciding if she's worth your time.

• Yeah, movie seems to make an awkward first date. I like the idea of making sure we're good for each other. Thanks!