Do Guys Prefer Skinny Girl?

Hi, I'm just curious is there's really no ones who liked a fat girl?

I'm fat, some people keeps telling me that I'm pretty.
But every time I met a new guy, they don't want to know me better, they don't want to be close to me. They'll always go to my friend, asking her number and so many else. She's more skinny and taller than me, (I don't mean to talk something like this behind her) but she get close to guys just because of their money.

Well, sometimes there's a guy who want to be close to me, but it's just because he want to know my friend better.

There's actually people that told me that I'm better than my friend, they told me I'm smarter, more pretty, etc. But I'm FAT, that's why some guys prefer my friend than me. (They said)

Honestly, I'm jealous..
Because sometimes, there's a guy I really like to be with, but he's getting close to me just because he likes my friend. And my friend tell me that she's not into this guy, and she knows that I like him. But she keeps texting him, ask him to hangout, etc.

So really guys, do you prefer skinny girl? Do you look at someone just by their appearance?

Sorry for my bad English , am foreign.

Most Helpful Girl

• Everyone wants someone they're attracted to. Unfortunately, being overweight/obese is not appealing to most men and women.

Ask yourself, are these guys you like also fat? Or are they fit/healthy? Are you attracted to fat men? If not, then you can see why thin or healthy guys wouldn't be attracted to fat girls.

Humans are hardwired to find health attractive. It's why some people aren't attracted to people with acne, or even scarring. It's why some people aren't attracted to obesity.
    This doesn't mean that fat people will never find love. There are chubby chasers. But not many would find them attractive.

And it's not just guys, most people prefer fit, slim, and/or healthy people. They don't just look at their appearance. Most people care if the girl/guy is attractive (by their standards) and are nice and genuine. Only few morons (men and women) would date someone based solely on their appearance.

What Guys Said 9

• There's a range in what people think of as 'skinny' 'good' 'curvy' 'fat'

Different people like different things.

If more guys are hitting on thinner girls than you, then more guys probably like slimmer girls than you, at least where you live.

• You're right, I do realize that different people like different things.. And I do realize, maybe it's just that I haven't find people who like people like me. :)

Thank you for your opinions! ^

• Most of us prefer average and/or skinny girls (not too skinny though). But it all depends on how fat the girl is. If she's chubby, there's no problem with that, most of us don't mind a chubby girl. But if it's like really fat, then that's different; most of us don't like that.
    There are guys for everything. There are guys that would prefer you before your friend.
    You look really insecure, and that's something we hate, we prefer a fat confident girl, than a skinny insecure girl. So maybe what's moving guys away from you is that insecurity. You can either be confident on how you are, love you for who you are, or you could always lose weight if you wanna be less fat, or be skinny.

• I don't know what do you think about my body, it is very similar with Tara Lynn.
      But in my country, people thinks Tara Lynn is fat.

I realize that you're right. Maybe it's not how fat I am, but how confident I am with how I looks like.

Thank you for your opinions! ^

• Thank you again, it's just made my day! :)

• You're welcome ;)

• Honest answer? Yes i do, if your chubby then you will have to compensate for it with your personality and if you are fat i am afraid it won't work. I don't mean to be an asshole about things but sexually it is a turn off for me so i can't ever imagine myself getting romantic and sexual with someone who doesn't fit that picture that my body craves. As friends it is of course no problem at all.

• I don't know what do you think, I'm fat or not fat but my body is very similar with Tara Lynn's which is I think fat with Asian skin and dark hair.

Thank you for your opinions! ^

• If you meant modelostallasgrandes.difblog.com/.../..._012a1.jpg then its certainly lovable, depends on your face really. It won't me instantly attracted but if we start talking and its nice from there you will have no issues with me ^^.

• I'm not as beautiful as Tara lynn of course, hahaha.. :p

• Depends on how fat is fat. Chubby is good, fat not necessarily, obese is no-no. I tend to be more into chubby than skinny, though.

• Well, I'm fat. My body is very similar to Tara Lynn..
      I'm glad, that there's still people who like chubby girls more than skinny girls..

Thank you for your opinions! ^

• I dont wish to insult you in any way, so if you take offence to my comment, ignore it. Anyways, if you are that bummed out by that fact, you could always lose a few pounds. You don't have to buy in to all these stupid commercials on products and shakeweight commercials lmao. Look up Intermittent Fasting and go two or three times a week at the gym. OR if you like the way that you are, and would not wish to pursue higher grounds, that's fine, u'll meet someone that likes you back eventualy!

• Thank you for your opinions! ^

• Do I look at someone just by their appearance? No, but I do have to like what I see. And I like skinny girls.

• Thank you for your opinions! ^

• Me and all of my friends don't like skinny girls.

• May I ask you why don't you like skinny girls? They're so pretty, sometimes I think it's very good to be skinny.

• @Guysvsgirls : you have a beautiful kind of skinny I think.. :)

• Thank you! That just made my day. :-)

• A lot of guys prefer really skinny girls, but don't blame men, the media played/plays in men preferring really skinny girls. I my self tend to prefer girls with a little bit of meat, girls that are too skinny are too unnatural looking and most often look a little boney.

• Thank you for your opinions! ^

• I actually have a bit of a thing for fat girls, I'm much rather date one than a skinny one, what's your user on here? I'll message you xx

• I'm sorry, because this question I make is about my lack of self esteem, I can't tell you my username :(

But I'm so glad, that you said you much rather date a fat girl than a skinny one.. Thank you :D

What Girls Said 3

• I think most do. It's what's most socially acceptable. I think guys want someone they're attracted to but also someone who other men are -also- attracted to. Some kind of Neanderthal status crap. I'm a petite person but I prefer curvier women to skinny ones. I think women should look soft. Not bony. But overall... people just need to be happy with their appearances.

• I agree bony woman are a no go.

• " I think guys want someone they're attracted to but also someone who other men are -also- attracted to. " - I think so.. :)

Thank you for your opinions! ^

• you're welcome :)

• I'm fat and guys I hook up with are always telling me to lose weight and be skinnier. They say if I'm skinny I'll be more beautiful. So yes, many men prefer thinner girls.

• I'm a fat girl, but guys like me. I'm approached by men on the street asking for my number, friends of friends or guys at work or other places.
    My sister is fat, she has the same. My fat friend, same for her.
    My sister and I have always met great guys to, like I mean guys that would literally walk miles in the cold just to bring us something we needed from the store and stuff. They go out of their way and treat us very well. In fact, most my friends even skinny ones as ME how I do it haha.

It's about how you carry yourself. Look at Queen latifah for example, she's a big tall fat woman, but she holds herself different from a fat one like say missy elliot.
    Carry yourself with confidence, and make the most of your good features.
    Anybody can look good really, especially girls. Just carry yourself better.

• " It's about how you carry yourself. " - It's really helpful tips.. :)

Thank you for your opinions! ^