Why are people in serious relationships more appealing?

a guy just ask if you were in a serious relationship and someone really attractive wanted to have sex and you would bever get caught, would you do it...

I've noticed on the other side of this scenario though, that a lot of women/men chase after people in serious relationships, sometimes just for sex, sometimes for emotional need too. personally the moment I know a guy is taken or even crushing on someone else I'm completely turned off..

if you're someone who goes after married/taken guys/girls (or have in the past) why? I'm just really curious what the point of it is? FEEL FREE TO ANSWER ANONYMOUSLY.

Most Helpful Guy

• 1. Animals have seasons where one animal senses the other in heat and approaches for mating while we humans don't have any specific season - we flower through the year. Hence, someone in a relationship especially someone who seems totally into the other person is possibly perceived as attractive.
    2. Also for certain people it's something more like a subconscious challenge to themselves to acquire the forbidden :-)
    3. Whenever I'm in a relationship I've been sought - yes but I've never gunned after anyone who's in a serious relationship

What Guys Said 8

• some people find attraction in unavailability.

• sort of like a challenge?

• more like, I want what I can't have. it could also be a challenge, depending on the person, but then that is fucked up lol. to stir the pot just to see if you can do it.

• Because if they're in a serious relationship than they're probably full of a lot of good qualities compared to random single people.

Not the best logic, but it's usually true.

• several people have said this as why, probably. so far no one has admitted to chasing after anyone in a relationship before though.

• so, I guess we're all juat speculating really.

• I have crushed on a lot of girls that were unavailable, but I would never pursue them because that seems like SO much drama and a terrible place to start a new relationship.

"How did y'all meet?"
      "I made her break up with her boyfriend and date me!"

Ehhhh

• The thinking goes that if someone is prepared to stay with them long term, they must have a lot of really good qualities.

• well if they see you are hot shit but don't get shit together you must be shit.
    if you have a gf they be mirrin and thinking "is this shit good now?"

that's the same as when you see a guy has a lambo and you wanna take a ride, you ask yourself if he has more to offer. that's is what it is, the dating scene is equal to the dax/dow jones x market place

• People want what they can't have.

• how many questions are you asking?

• can you not read?

• hahaha I was watching tv while reading , smoking ganja I don't know what im doin

• My guesses would be:
    1. You always want what you can't have.
    2. You think that they must be attractive because they're in a relationship (herd mentality).
    3. Having someone in a serious relationship go for you instead is a power trip.

• For women who clearly try to move to you when they know you've got a long term girlfriend- I assume it's because it's a good sign you're mentally stable, probably financial stable and your dick works! Also people want what they can't have.

What Girls Said 1

• Because it shows that they're willing to put in hard work and dedication, which are attractive qualities that people want their significant others to have.

• what about loyalty? shouldn't getting a guy to cheat make it obvious he'll probably cheat on you as well?

• Yes. It fine to admire qualities of someone who is taken, but to pursue them is disrespectful and a mess.