Would you date a stripper/erotic dancer/lap dancer?

So I'm an exotic dancer. Being polyamourous most potential partners are not bothered by my dancing... Hell, they tend to find it a turn on!

I just wonderd what the general consensus would be of the average guy though.

Feel free to elaborate on your selection...

• He'll yes! Wouldn't be a problem for a relationship either
  • Date, but nothing serious
  • I would if she gave it up when serious
  • Probably not
  • No way!
Wow. Interesting responses. I'm so happy I date within the poly community where people tend to not be quite so insecure and judgmental.

You'll find the majority of my money comes from talking.
You will also find I hold down a day job, and am setting up a business. I am dancing because it brings in a lot of money of which to set up my company.

Don't assume dancers don't have brains or ambition.

Ps. I also love my job. I get paid to meet interesting people and express my sexuality

Most Helpful Guy

• I wouldn't have a problem with it. I realize that what you're doing at your job... is your job! There's no intimate feelings you have for the guys who you're dancing for, so I don't feel as if you're cheating on me or anything. The only person whom you'd feel that real connection/bond with would be me, so I wouldn't mind it in the least.

I voted A

• Great to here that. Its you who gets to take her home with everyone wanting her after all ;)

• Sounds like you're completely comfortable with it, which is the most important. Like I said, I don't judge you in the least!

• :) that's refreshing
      ... On here at least!

Each to there own though. Obviously I would not date someone who had a problem with it and would never cheat on someone.

What Guys Said 12

• I wouldn't mind dating. Other guys looking at my girl doesn't really bother me, it's the touching that erks me.

• :) you would find guys would be more likley to touch a girl at a general bar, than a club. Do that and they are out at a strip club!

• Ah cool, fair play. I can understand why it might make some people a little uncomfortable, all about communication I guess though :D

I always give someone I'm dating a 'lapdance you would get at the club' and a 'lapdance I can give you' Hehe. The prior is obviously no touching etc. There response is usually they can see why people would pay me! Ha. But at the same time far prefer the one I do after... And are surprised by how little contact there is in the former

• Nice that's hot and good idea lol... letting your guy know how much better he's getting it. But isn't the lap dance you get at the club grinding to the point you can feel the guy's hard on?

• those girls are the best in every way

• No way. I wouldn't even hang out with her.

• Probably not. I don't wanna say no for sure, because I feel like you never know. But probably not.

• yes, but for the wrong reasons, not for long term.

• No I wouldn't.

I want a woman with a respectable career and someone who displays a modicum of modesty.

• Fair enough. I'm now seeing this seeing this as a pretty good way to weed out judgmental prudes from my dating though. Thanks!

Just so you know... M'y career, takes dedication, and earns probably a damn site more than yours. And is to save money to set up an email commerce site, and events company

• There's not a problem! Like I said, I've just realised it's a sure fire way to rule out the exact sort of person I wouldn't want to date, so that's great!

Thanks for being honest :)

• You're welcome.

• No cause they would just see me as a paying customers

• ... Do you not understand that you wouldn't be paying? Ha

• It was flirting to get dances cause she came into where I work

• It wasn't my bad

• It's a no for me.

• I most definitely would not. It does not make them a bad person, but I could not handle that other guys are watching my girl all the time.

• I would not date them

• Not a chance.

• No way but if she stop that and find something else I would date her and her dance life will be in past so yes but if she change
    If I date her and she still dancer I doubt if I will look for more than the bed sorry but thats the true
    But that's me only

What Girls Said 2

• Yah! Have done in the past. Probably will do again!

Also, I am poly too, lol. And I'm really sorry for all the shit you're getting on this quesiton :/ you dont deserve that at all

• Thanks! Good to hear that point of view and from another poly person! As I said, I tend to mix in poly circles, of which the guys tend to have no problem with it at all!
      So it's not a problem, but slightly shocking and saddening by how judgmental most people seem to be from this! Still... Sure fire way of finding the sort of person I do not want in my life I guess!

• yup!! always disappointed by monohets :(

• I would its a job, just like any other
    so why not date a stripper or whatever