Does "I'm not ready for a relationship right now" line ruin any chance for a relationship in the near future?

So I've been seeing this woman for two months and she dropped the "I'm not ready for a relationship right now" line on me. She says he reasons are that she's busy, busy with building and maintaining friendships because she doesn't have many, and busy with pursing her life goals.

She claims she really like me. She said stuff "it's so unfair I meet an amazing guy like you when I'm not ready", but it comes off condescending because if she really thinks I'm so amazing then wouldn't she do whatever it takes to make herself ready?

A female friend of mine says I should wait a least a little while if I really like her, and I do really like her, but at the same time I feel like she's basically saying that she likes me, but not that much, or that she likes me enough to keep me around until she decides she's done looking for someone better. Is it my ego saying that, or is that a fair interpretation?

I'm not opposed to female friends, I have several close ones but obviously a friendship won't work as long as I have romantic feelings for her. Is it unreasonable for me to tell her I don't want to hang out just the two of us for a while?

Most Helpful Girl

• "I'm not ready for a relationship" is a less harsh way of saying "I want to keep my options open."

What Girls Said 3

• Yeah I'm sorry but I agree with the other posters =(.. it means she's keeping her options open, and/or may not be that interested in you. You deserve better, find someone who truly wants to be exclusive with you

• Usually yes. Stop waiting for her and move on.

• It's called "game"
    Find someone who is READY for a relationship.

What Guys Said 1

• "I'm not ready for a relationship" is half of the sentence. The other half is "I mean with you, particularly, not now, not ever". She's trying to end the relationship "nicely" by dropping this hint. You need to take it. No girl is ever "too busy" to go out with a guy and put the time and effort in if she really thinks he's right for her. It sucks. I advise not even going down the path of bothering "being friends". It will just waste your time, especially when there are far greater women out there, ones who might even have the guts to tell you straight (i. e. "I don't see this going anywhere").