[GIRLS] Dating a married man.

I'm just wondering why girls go dating married man and the thing that really gets me is when girls start calling that man their boyfriend. If you have tried this, how often is that a successful relationship? Am I right in thinking that the relationship is pretty much doomed from the start? Lastly, has anyone been successful at stealing the husband from the wife?

Most Helpful Girl

• I would never think of dating or having any kind of sexual thing going on with someone who was taken but...I have hopelessly fallen for someone with a long-term girlfriend. So I can tell you how women convince themselves that it's okay.

Eventually you blame everything wrong and every unhappy moment he has on the girlfriend/wife. You think that you are saving him from his terrible existence. You feel like you are the only one who makes that person smile.

And a lot of times, the women are already fallen for them before they know they have a wife or girlfriend. I know that's what happened to me. And it's even worse when you know the guy has some feelings for you (a guy doesn't have to say it for you to know, if you aren't someone who just reads into everything).

Well anyway, I'm sticking around to see how their relationship goes but I would never think of dating him or anything because I wouldn't have respect for myself and couldn't expect him to treat me any better if he was willing to just cheat on his girlfriend instead of breaking up with her, if he didn't want to be with her.

What Girls Said 2

• There are many reasons. I have former classmates from college and friends of friends who have done this - I personally asked them why get into what I think is.. 'trouble'. Some girls take it as a 'challenge' being the third party or the 'cause of conflict' in a relationship. Some girls want to re-affirm their worth/beauty/personality also take this 'challenge'. Some girls.. just fell in love because the 'married man' offers them security: emotional and financial.

Girls would consider the married man their 'boyfriend' if the guy offers them what a usually bf/partner offers, especially when sex is involved.

And yes, it is not a healthy relationship. It's doomed from the start. Some people may have succeeded, but think - will you be happy to wreck any relationship? Marriage should remain sacred and people around should give a big deal of RESPECT to the two people involved.

Comment:

Not generally, girls who date a married man usually are the needy/ clingy/ lost ones. They have reasons why they do that - but to me, I find it a no-no to be a home or relationship wrecker.

• i hate girls like that. they're trifling whores and obviously weren't raised right. I've been attracted to married men but once I find out they're married I move on. if a guy is still married and comes home to his wife every night why would some easy sidepiece make him leave? girls like that usually get played. I rarely have seen a married man leave his wife for a jumpoff.

What Guys Said 2

• I personally think the relationship is doomed from the start. The guy isn't going to leave his wife for something he can get without leaving her.

• Any girl who dates a married man is just asking for trouble...