I'm a little uncomfortable with her ex boyfriend should I say something?

I didn't know when I first started pursuing her that her ex would be heavily involved. I knew she had a kid who is 1 now but people told me the ex wasn't in the picture. We went on a date and a couple before I officially asked her to be mine. She mentioned the kid on the third date. A month passed by since we were officially dating and she asked me to wait at her house because a package was coming in and had to be at work earlier than usual. Her ex was at the house and was taking the kid. I didn't know him at that time so I called her to make sure. She told me that her ex comes to her house to pick up the kid while she works or comes at night to stay with the kid. At that point we got in an argument and I didn't want to seem like that over protective jealous type so I let it go. We've been going out for three months now and we just bumped into her ex at dinner. They hugged and he kept saying "wow you look great." "Tell your parents I said hi." "I miss your moms cooking" With me going back to school and working I feel like they see each other more. I trust her but I dont trust him. She told me it was hard for her to keep a man longer than two months because of her ex. I dont know if I should tell her how I feel or not. Or what I should say. I can't just kick him out.

Most Helpful Girl

• That's good that he is involved with his kid. I don't think she would cheat on you with him. However, she has a lot of baggage. The best option would be to let her go unless you want to put up with all of that. Talk to her about it, tell her that it makes you feel uncomfortable that he is sleeping at the house. Communication is key.

What Girls Said 2

• i dont think you have anything to worry about. be happy that the kid actually has a dad that comes around unlike many these day. its good for her and him, they are family and it will always be like that. be confident. if she didn't want to be with you then she wouldn't be. they obviously seem to have a good relationship and if they wanted to be together than they would but there is a reason that they aren't together. just be confident and trust her.

• The part that bothers me most is that sometimes he has to sleep in the same bed with her when he comes at night because of the kid (the kid will sleep in the middle or he will throw a fuss).

• Single moms should date single dads

• well keep in mind they are doing that for the child, not for their own enjoyment. if it weren't for the kid they wouldn't do that. you say she has dated other guys and this was a problem for them. she wouldn't still be out there looking for love if she had anything with the dad. be confident!

• Don't see it working out, how it seems he will try making a move.

What Guys Said 3

• This is the problem with dating single parents. Their ex WILL remain in the picture due to the kid (s).

And in your particular case, I don't see the relationship being successful, although if you REALLY like her you may try to make it work.

• Rule number one never date a women with kids. If you do you never go to her house when her kid is awake. These women are for sex and sex only. Ill take best answer now.

• I've dated women with kids but stuck to my rules. When she asked if I wanted to meet her kid I realized it was getting to serious. I've never seen her again.

• I have a friend who dated someone with a kid, it worked out, they are happily married in his case though there was any contact with the ex or the ex still sleeping in the same bed. I understand if the dad wants to still be a part of the kids life, but there needs to be solid lines of seperation besides that. Right now it seems those lines are blurred. I would let her know that you understand her situation, and accept her for who she is, however, the ex situation needs to change and when it does to let you know.