A second chance after cheating?

Cheating is one of the worst things ever, in my opinion. It's really simple, if you don't want to be in the relationship and is seeking attention elsewhere, just break up and move on with your life. Why should you go behind a person's back and make a fool of them? I personally will not take a person back if he cheated, but I get it, situations are different. Would you take a cheater back or do you believe once a cheater always a cheater?

Most Helpful Girl

• If I found out I was being cheated on by me SO, I would defo end it.
    from personal experience and having a family ruined due to one of my parents cheating - I know its not worth trying to fix it and make it work.
    just imagine you got cheated on... you try fix things as best you can.. but at the end of the day everytime he/she checks their phone, you are gonna wonder who they are talking to. everytime they go somewhere and you're not there you are gonna wonder what they doing etc.
    at the end of the day you will ALWAYS have that "I wonder if he/she is cheating on me?" in the back of your mind. it will honestly drive you crazy.
    if someone cheats on you, they don't value you enough. end of story.
    cheating is a choice they make, they know what they are doing.
    ps. "I was drunk" isn't a good excuse either.

• I totally agree with you. If the trust was broken once chances are you will never fully trust that person again, and relationships are build on trust. And yeah, being drunk is not an excuse to me either, if you care enough for someone, that person will be in your mind whether you're sober or drunk. Thanks you for sharing your opinion. :)

• thank you so much for MHO

• Pleasure :)

What Guys Said 6

• Depends on how much the person usually lies to me. A cheater is likely to cheat again, a liar that is a cheater is definitely going to lie and cheat again.

In most occasion, the safest choice would be to just forget about any possibility of a decent relationship.

• the worse/? oh come on be serious... cheating is as little as killing an ant accidentally.

why girls consinder cheating so bad anyway?

• Yes the worse. You're betraying someone's trust and fooling around behind their back makes them look stupid and blind to their partners ways.

• Cheaters are thrill seekers. They thrive on the feeling of having sex with someone else and getting away with it.

I totally agree with you, cheaters DO NOT deserve another chance.

• Take him back, but no sex. If he breaks up, or cheats again, you know he wanted just that.
    If he's totally fine with it and loves you truly either way, well.. it's obvious then, isn't it?

• Would you take a cheater back or do you believe once a cheater always a cheater? Its all depend upon the level of cheating and the reason of cheating.

• How regret he is? And if he promise u that he will not do it again I think he deserve second chance but keep in mind nothing guarantee

Better to move on but if u really n love give second chance if he's really regret

What Girls Said 4

• Noooooooooooooooo, I would never take a cheater back. I'm worth more than that.

• no id never forgive it. dont care how much he apologises.

• No way!! Those are boundaries of no return, for me.

• I am a single-bi-serial-dater who dates high profile married men on loop.
    My conscious is clean :)