Should I be concerned about this? Possible red flag?

So I've been with my bf for almost a month, seeming him since Halloween , I work with one of his friends, she is more like his sister, she told me this morning, "so you know he still talks to his ex?" His ex as in they were together for 4yrs and engaged. I don't know if I should confront him about it. I just know every dude I've dated this has always been and issue. They'll tell me it's nothing and then bam my heart is broken and they are back with them! I know your not suppose to compare notes but it's really hard not to. I just feel like running away real fast

Most Helpful Guy

• Nothing wrong with talking to the ex, it is WHAT they talk about that you should be concerned with. You should bring it up at some point before you color the flag red. Explain that he may feel comfortable, but you aren't. If it doesn't stop, feel free to wave the red flag.

What Guys Said 1

• My brother was engaged to a girl and they broke up. He started dating someone else but whenever he was back in town he would hang out with his ex. I don't if as friends or more. He's still with his girlfriend and I think his ex stopped talking to him. I guess it's different for everyone. Its hard to get over someone you thought you'd spend the rest of your life with

What Girls Said 3

• Better ask him about it. Sometime we make a wrong decision because we assumed it should be. Just talk to him and see how he react.

• Why didn't he tell you this? Have you talked to him about it?

• I would ask him about it but unless it becomes a distraction or obsessive its kind of normal.