How long did it take you to say "i love you"?

Im just entering a serious relationship and just curious to see how long it took people. I know im not there yet but close.

Most Helpful Guy

• Funny story on that... about 6 weeks into my relationship I was so sure about this girl, I made a post on here asking if it was too soon to say something... everyone said it's too soon and to wait, so I did

The following week we were walking in a field with her and she started crying a bit... I asked her what's wrong and she softly popped the "L word" she was so scared about how much she loved me, and wasn't sure if I felt the same.

So I say when it feels right... don't hold back!

What Guys Said 7

• daaaaamn, well I still have my L card. lol. but I think when you feel it and you can feel that they are feeling it as well, then you'll know when to say it.

• with my current relationship I think I waited about a month. but it obviously depends on the person, the relationship etc. I've been in relationships where it took a few months, in my current relationship I felt in love with her after a few weeks maybe fewer

• If a girl can pull those 3 words outta me, then she really deserves them.
    As for your question, there's no set time. If you feel that you do, just tell him. probably not a good idea if you guys are anything below a month or month and a half. In my personal words..."keep that shit to yourself". you know you love him, just smile, keep it internal.

• The time to say it is when you feel it is right... you just know.

Deep down, if you know it, you feel it, you say it. It might be today or tomorrow!

• I've only ever said it to one woman and it took me like three months or so.

• i never say those 3 words basically LOL

• It only took about a little over a month for my fiancee and me, but it was long distance and we talked over 50 hours on the phone and sent around two thousand texts during that month. That was over a year ago, and we are still deeply in love.

• That is sooo us! He's in the air force n we've sent 2500 texts n prolly talk 30 to 40hrs!

What Girls Said 2

• When I fall i fall hard. One time I said it when we was dating for 2 weeks. But please know we had talked for almost 2 months before. But you will feel it, and when you do there is no feeling like that.

• We started hooking up in Sept, got exclusive in November, at Christmas he gave me a card signed with his just his name. I was waiting for him to say it first, because it is better for the girl if he says it first. Otherwise the girl always wondered if she forced the I love you. I felt bad not expressing love at Christmas... He could say things like "I really like you" "I would love to see you" So when Valentine's Day was around the corner, I slipped and said it during sex. haha
    Eventually, he opened up and says it a lot.