Afraid I am going to end up alone?

I am 18 and never had any official boyfriends ever and it gets complicated. I want to find someone that feels the same way that I do, nothing more and nothing less. They say that "love" just comes, why doesn't it happen to me? University has started and there has been no one that I feel something for and I try I hang out with as many friends as I can and go out abd nothing. Now that Christmas is close, it feels more lonely. And I am a nice person, I know I diserve it, I just want to have someone and make him happy. Someone to hug and kiss and take care of. I feel so lonely that sometimes I remember a crush I had last year when I was a senior in highschool and he was feeling the same way by the way he was acting, but due to the exams for university (in my country) that are extreamely hard no one looks for a relationship, so nothing happened. And now I don't see him anymore and thinking about him makes me feel pathetic and atupid because he could have a girlfriend or liking someone and I don't see him, I saw him a couple of times. I need someone that makes me happy, someone. What should I do? What should I think about? I am afraid I will end up alone... I feel lonely and scared.

Most Helpful Guy

• You're 18, so time is on your side. You have to start worrying when you get to your mid-20's like I am and you're still in the same position.

There's nothing anyone can say to you to alter the way you feel, you feel the way you feel, but I definitely think it will happen for you.

I think it would be better to focus on your studies and making friends in the mean time because you don't want to do what I did and that is fritter away your education progression because you're too busy chasing love like I did. Because you'll end being in your mid-20's like I am studying for qualifications I should have gained three or four years ago.

Still you live and learn I suppose.

What Guys Said 3

• Sometimes it happens in the most unlikely places, to people you dont really expect

Between school and work, I knew my current GF almost 3 years... we wernt even friends... saw her around but never really felt anything

Then one day something changed... I saw something that wasn't there before, and I decided to ask her to do something with me... just for the opportunity to see if there was indeed something there

The time will come, my only recommendation would be to not panic and grab the first guy you see... when the times right it will happen

• i am here or you...

• :) I feel same as like you at times and I wish you get someone soon cause it feels more pathetic and so bad later on in life as gradually you age! :/
    I'm 21 though.!

What Girls Said 2

• You won't end up alone. Just know that all good things take time.. I was always afraid to be alone, infact I still am. But when I leased expected some random guy fell for me, & I fell for him. I believe in God so I decided to leave him my struggles. My boyfriend is such a blessing, & if things were to go wrong I know it all happens for a reason... you won't be alone, be patient, & trust in God, hope for the best... when you least expect it, something amazing will cross your path, for now focus on school & try to make it through, things will fall in to place when God knows you're ready :)

• I'm in the same situation I've never had a serious relationship but I don't really mind because when I do meet a guy I want to be able to give him all the love I had saved. I've met a lot of guys but none of them I had a connection to. But the guy I've been seeing recently treats me better than anyone. Just stop thinking about it. Stop being so hard on yourself. It'll come at the right time, when you least expect it. And also dont force anything you'll fail time and time again trust me. And another thing try to be happy , if you're lonely alone you'll be lonely in a relationship.. If not even more lonely because you'll feel like you need them and when they aren't around you feel like you can't be happy