Why can't he tell his friends this or is he just telling me he wants to marry me but really doesn't?

My bf and I have only been dating for a little over a year. We have lived together most of our relationship as he is the one who asked me to move in with him. He has told me he wants to be with me forever. But when people ask him if he thinks we will get married he doesn't say anything or he will say after you do. Why doesn't he just say yeah if he actually does want to marry me? Or is he just telling me that?

Most Helpful Guy

• He's not ready for marriage but what's strange is the he wants to live with you for the rest of life deal. Here's a song for your situation. Its called Keep Your Hands to Yourself by the Georgia Satellites.
    I've got a little change in my pocket going jing a little jing
    Going to call you on the telephone and give you a ring
    But each time I try I get the same old thing
    Always no huggie no kissie till I get a wedding ring
    My honey my baby don't put my love upon no shelf
    She said don't hand me no lines and keep your hands to yourself
    Baby baby baby why you want to treat me this way
    You know I'm your loverboy I still feel the same way
    That's when she told me a story about free milk and a cow
    Saying no huggie no kissie till I get a wedding vow
    See I wanted her real bad and I was about to give in
    That's when she started talking about true love started talking 'bout sin
    I said honey I will live with you the rest of my life
    She said no huggie no kissie till you make me your wife

• My honey my baby don't put my love upon no shelf
      She said don't hand me no lines and keep your hand to yourself

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• Most guys would be proud to announce their relationship status. Maybe he's embarrassed because of his friends, his age, or people judging him for getting married so quickly. I don't think its about being embarrassed of you. It seems like he's more self conscious than anything. Talk to him about it and make sure he is comfortable in you relationship.

• He's 24 and I think he is just shy

• he simply doesn't like these personal questions and that's why he says after u. it is not people's business although I wouldn't move in with someone without marriage. it is not nice to get kicked out or anything if things doesn't work blahh whatever.
    he is just not so sure when he is going to marry u to share it with people so that's why he doesn't say anything,