Am I weird for not dating in college?

I'll probably come off as a guy who doesn't have fun. But I'm focused at the task at hand. I'm not looking for a girlfriend because she'd be a distraction and I want to focus on getting my degree only while I'm in college. Does this make me weird?

Most Helpful Girl

• No, that's actually awesome. I wish I could be more like you.

What Girls Said 1

• no, not at all. you never know if you'll find someone outside of college.

What Guys Said 4

• Weird as in something wrong with you? No. Weird as in uncommon? Maybe, but that doesn't mean something's wrong with you. It's a different decision. What matters in terms of your dating decisions (or decision not to date) is what makes YOU happiest. If your preference is to simply focus hard on studying, go for it and don't look back. If you feel like you might burn out not having any dating fun, then you might want to try to figure out how to make some time.

Personally I'm in the camp that believes if you work too hard for too long with no fun, you'll burn out and find it hard to get back into the swing of things. But everyone's different.

• No, it doesn't. Don't worry about it.

• Brah you don't have to have a gf, but u should definitely be talking to girls. Take a few of them out, treat em nice, have some fun, but keep it casual.

• I didn't really date at college, for a handful of reasons. Other things were going to hell, and so I didn't bother.

I soo regret it. Seriously--where will you find a better place to run around meeting women? Seriously? No where! It's the absolute easiest place on earth to meet girls!

• Not really concerned about meeting girls. I'm focusing my future. Getting girls doesn't pay the bills.

• The reality is, bills will continue to be a problem for years, and girls are fine dating guys low on cash. But in a few years when you DO want to date, it will be a lot harder and more challenging then if you dated on campus.