Hardcore truth. Ultimately men want sex and women want children. Keep reading?

Would blunt truth help or hurt us doing what we are all ultimately put on this Earth to do: procreate. Do you believe coming right out and telling someone you are attracted to that you just want sex AND/OR want to procreate with that person would save us all soooooo much heartache and drama (if we were accepting of the answer)? I encourage you all to explain.

• yes
  • no
  • other

Most Helpful Girl

• Nope. Plenty of guys want kids. My dad loves kids. Whenever we visit my aunt and my cousin's kids are there, he always manages to play games with them for at least an hour lol. He's such a natural dad, and he has always been like that. Now that my brother and I are too old for Santa, he goes over to his friend's house to dress up as Santa instead, because his friend's kids are much younger :p
    Also, not all women want children. I sure as hell don't want any.
    And no, I don't think being blunt about what you want would save you from heartache and drama. You'd still get rejected from time to time, which sucks, and drama could still happen if you're too blunt with the wrong person. Shit doesn't really work like that, the way you envisioned it.

What Guys Said 5

• a lot of guys want kids too. i personally want kids just later in life. and most girls i know aren't wanting a kid at this point in their life either. this is a bit to generalized

• They say that, but how many times have you heard a female insist that condoms are worn or at first says it needs to be worn but she lets it go because she "trust" you (because we all know condoms are the most effective way of not getting pregnant, aside from abstinence.)

• that has more to do with stupid hormones in the moment than any desire to get prego right now, maybe on some instinctive level it is having an effect but on the conscious level planning out their lives, having a child right now would be detrimental to what they want to do with their lives. it makes perfect sense to not want kids. and if all women want kids right now, why are so many getting abortions instead of just having kids. i say again, the question is too generalized

• When my wife got pregnant with our two kids, at the moment of climax, I said to her, "Give me my son!" Boom, we had a son. The next time I said, "Give me my daughter!" Yep, we had a daughter. It make it much more intimate and romantic. I warned her the next time I was going to say, "Give me my BMW!" :-D

• I think thousands of years of human existence has shown that the scenario you describe won't work or we would have it already. There are a lot more years of life after having children and humans need different things ay different times.

• If I could, I would have sex with every single attractive girl I met. I'm talking about thousands of girls until the day I'm dead. Does that answer the question?

• No. It isn't enough that someone is beautiful. They have to have social savvy too--that shows emotional and intellectual intelligence. Genes aren't just about a good face, it's also about a good brain. Being so straightforward doesn't show how clever you can be.

• Interesting point you make.

• Loving is about giving. I think you assume everyone takes, and that isn't true. If you assume ill of people, it is a form of violence -- a form that distances and alienates people. I can tell you want connection, but you have to stop that type of behavior in order to achieve it. You have to let go of past hurts. You are ultimately self-harming with those attitudes.

As for wanting kids--their are definitely guys who want kids, lol. I have three beautiful nieces who are a major source of joy in my life. They're deeply loved by their parents--would the fathers be there if they didn't, lol? Someday I'd like kids too. But I'm not financially secure enough to do it responsibly yet, so I have to wait.

• i agree some day i would like a kid to ! mini me (:

What Girls Said 5

• I think direct is good. I think most people want a bit more than sex or children. When me and my bf went out initially I wanted neither. Now I love sexual stuff still not interested in having kids. I just like being with h him and connecting physically is awesome.

• So what happens if you get bored and both of you run out of ideas sexually? Do you think will still connect with him physically?

• I don't want children.

• Not true. I sure don't want kids. And I could care less what society thinks.
    My life, my choice. Deal with it.

• Your claim is bullshit.

Proof: I don't want children.

• No... I dont think it is. I think instinctivly all women want children. But you are entitled to your opinion and I can handle that

• Lol you can think anything that you want but I'm straight up telling you that I don't want a child. And last time I checked, I'm still a woman. So you need to revise your thesis.

• You dont have to participate in the poll. I appreciate your opinion.

• Everyone wants everything. Not each individual, but as a whole. We aren't simple enough to be able to blurt out the blunt truth and have it work out easily.

• Could that be our own fault though? Could the fear of rejection and disappointment and is not being able to deal with it be the problem why soooo many of us lie about what we truly want?

• Interesting point. Why do you think we are so uncertain of what we want?

• I think it's just part of life. We have instincts telling us one thing, societal/parental/etc expectations telling us another, whatever our "hearts" are telling us another, and then reality, with its cold hard details that may stand in the way. Balancing all that is tough.