I might be a little old school but don't you guys wish you were born in a more decent generation?

I hear this stories from my family members when they met their significant other. It's amazing, is a pure love. Before they would actually fall in love, share all this time loving one another then got married to make love and have children. And now I see people having sex then getting married or just trying something out because this female got pregnant. I mean I'm not judging anyone, nor am I saint but I just wish I had that, find someone that would want to be with me forever not just for some couple of years but forever. That forever that almost no one from this generation will make it happen. If at least one of you have that endless love, embrace it. Never let it disappear.

Most Helpful Guy

• No matter what generation you are, things were always better before. I do wish I was born to an earlier generation though; because I think modern society and modern moral values are total garbage and we live in an age where there's all this bullshit distracting us from what matters. People are loud, rude, scruffy, uncouth and moronic.

• yeah, that's what scummy people are like. They are prepared to live in a horrible environment among horrible people in exchange for a free ride. Usually to them it doesn't seem that bad anyway, after all that's all they know. Regular people have to pay for them and their numbers are increasing.

What Guys Said 15

• I rarely agree COMPLETELY with many female posts (no, im not sexist) its just that a lot of them contain more fantasy than fact and have so many holes in them. But this right here, this right here. There are no holes. I mean think about it, the older generation had it. and once they were in love, it stayed that way. I know some reasons why that was destroyed, but i'll keep that to myself.

Things like that still occur now, but they are so few, it is frustrating, it takes the magic out of it. Television doesn't help either lol.

• i wish i was in my 20s during the 80s. love 80s music and lifestyle

• To be honest

I wish I was born in the time when things had A LOT of meaning, before capitalism and the need for sooo many materialistic things. Men protected, women comforted

Life was short and revolved around nature, Men only has sex with women they married... It was a great time in my opinion

• Thing may not have been quite so good in the past as you imagine. You'll hear a lot about good things and "the good old days", because people don't speak so much about the failures and the bad things.
    I often refer to the good old days as the "good old, bad old days".

80 % of marriages were still a failure, although divorce was less common. People just continued to live together in a loveless marriage and rarely spoke about it. Why would they want to admit to the world that they were living in misery? Grin and bear it and accept what you got was the rule of the day.

In the 50s, 11% of people married as virgins, compared to about 3% today. Were they really waiting longer before a couple had sex? Maybe not much longer, if at all. In 1960, 72% of all people in the USA aged 18 or over were already married. Today, only 51% of people aged 18 or over have been married.

• I'm not saying it was perfect but to me, in my personal opinion I would of prefered an old school person disregard the negative, people's mentality (some) were real about their feelings, any of them were scared of commitment on the contrary. They seek for a long term relationships/marriage because feelings were really there. But now come on

• No time is perfect but good or bad I'd still go to the past instead.

• OMG yes I totally get you. However don't think that the past generation didn't have these problems too. This generation just has more.

• Of course last generations had all this but now, all you will see is sex, and more sex, teens now a days wanting to have sex without realizing that their only going to regret it because this guys don't know any better, their barely going to pass through puberty what can they possibly know

• Ok yes you're definitely right about that. Things are more sexually oriented these days with all the celebrities. Teens decide to follow the popular ones and get themselves into trouble because they had sex too early. Back then serialized movie stars weren't the norm. The music was better and it didn't talk about sex as much as it talked about love which is much better. There are still teens like us however that will continue to believe in those old beliefs and maybe one day the world will be a better place because of us. We can only wish to go back in time nothing more.

• That's the funny thing, kids this days are able to have free condoms, complete knowledge when it comes to having intercourse and if you research STD's are just out there still they decide to not use protection. Yeah we can only wish, and just try to teach our future children their self worth and what's good and what's bad

• You're not the only one who listens to those old stories & thinks to themselves "my generation sucks in love."

• Every single day I look around the world I wish I was born into a different time, preferably pre WWII or directly post WWII. Since right after the war the economy skyrocketed and the country was in pretty good shape. And honestly I'm more suited for around that timer period.

• I'm old school too and I fucking hate it when I gift a little thing to a romantic interest and have them give me those "I can buy my own shit" attitudes after.

• I agree with you but you can still get that pure love thing going! It does make it harder to find but I believe its out there still!

• Can it be in the future? ? I look back and see a lot of bad and good no matter the time period. We just traded one good for a bad

• Eh i don't know. My grandparents generation lived through world wars which would have sucked.
    my folks generation had punk, two tone beat and the rolling stones. There was still a bunch of promiscuous sex going on in both eras though

• Yes always have existed but now more than before, I mean like 2 days ago I read this 13 post, and she said she wanted to have sex, like really. What type of morals does she have

• No MTV at all? No wonder you're kind of a prude.

• Don't know if you meant it on a good way or bad way, all I can say I'm glad I was raised with a pure mentality, that's what made me the person I am today

• Us guys wish the same of women. It's the entire generation

• "yolo" "all about the bass" "swag" hipster-fags. gg

• No.

People seem to think that morality is absolute or objective, when it's definitely not. Morality is entirely dependent on the person, not standards that society sets up for each person to get as close to as possible. You don't need to be born in a different time, you simply need to meet a person of similar beliefs and values as you.

Looking down on entire generations of people because they don't measure up to what you wish they would be is a very unrealistic and unhealthy way to go about things. People often mean well with these sort of things, but also don't understand how they tend to have a superiority complex about themselves even when they don't realize or it seems like they don't.

• decent? lol thats old fashioned!! NO

What Girls Said 4

• omg i found my twin. i legit thought i was the only woman who thought this! hope for the world.

• Lol we ain't the only ones, I know there's plenty of people that sure feels the same way

• true, but i believe there's a difference between people who feel it and people who can say it.

• I'm scared for this generation and the ones to come. I see the younger kids these days and they literally have no respect for their parents. They get away with what they want and parents give in like no other. So if this continues think what the next generation will be like.

• My father proposed my mom on the phone and they were not romantic at all. I think the new generation has some good things too.

• Like what?

• My mom and dad and grandparents also both got to university and weren't that depended, but just pointing it out.

@mistninja314
      You can also have a happy marriage with both of the man and woman working. It's not very necessary anymore, but it can still be a nice thing.

• i agree with everything you said and thats how it should be when RIGHT but these days people marry for the WRONG reason it seems lol

• I agree!! My parents love each other got married and had kids. All my anties and uncles are still with the person they love.. Now its hard to find the right one