Guys, would a woman who has sensual/boudoir modeling photos online turn you off?

I've started 2 things since I became single again: dating and modeling. I've only done promo modeling work, but I recently responded to ads for modeling shoots, and I've got 2 offers to do a sensual shoot. No nudity involved; I would be in lingerie in a sexy pose. At my age, I'm lucky to still be considered for this type of work, and like my girlfriend said, work it while I'm still marketable.

How would this affect my dating life? If you were dating me, and you saw pictures of me online in lingerie (remember, no nudes), would it turn you off? Would you probably automatically stop seeing me as possible girlfriend material?

Wow, this post has taken off! Thanks for the replies. I guess I should have phrased my question differently. Most of you say that it wouldn't be a turn-off. I agree that most men would be turned on sexually by the idea of dating a swimsuit/lingerie model, and would be turned on by the images themselves. What I'm getting at is, would it be a turn-off in terms of seeing the woman as a potentially serious, long-term girlfriend?

Most Helpful Guy

• The work itself doesn't bother me much. It is really a job at the end of the day.

What really bothers me more is the type of person that does it. I'm not directing this to you personally, but I base this opinion on my personal experience with models/singers/performers in general.

Almost every model I met is the type that lives for attention. This is a huge turnoff for me. Many of them are also into drugs like pills and coke which they say keeps them happy and thin. That is a big no-no for me.

Models might be nice to look at, but in my experience that is all they really are for. Most that I have met have little substance under the wrapper.

What Guys Said 46

• IF a guy is mature, he can handle this. IF a guy really wonats to know you he will not base everything you are on a job you have. How you handle yourself and the decisions youmake on a day to day basis will show a guy who you are. If a guy is very insecure, he may have a problem with this, but that is his problem, not yours. If I was dating someone your age who was still hot enough for modelling, I would be proud of you and it would boost my self confidence as well!!! Good for you for keeping in shape and being mature enough to handle the job!

• Oh my god! I would be dating a model! Not only would I see you as girlfriend material, I would definitely see you as marketable as well. Honestly, since its not even nudes I would tell the guy, maybe show him if you want to be more intimate, rather than having him stumble across them. Not only will you not get a negative reaction, it will most likely be very positive. All guys fantasise about dating a lingerie model (just don't let it go to your head!). Also believe me you can be an older woman and still totally hot! I've seen some older women in their forties that look better than most the college girls in the clubs! This can be a total asset for you just remember, be honest and tell them don't let them stumble across it, and don't let all the guys fighting over you go to your head!

• It honestly depends on the guy and how he feels about this kind of stuff. But if a guy truly loved you, he wouldn't really care about it would he? Plus he has a model for a girlfriend LOL.

• ON
    is better word

but or course
    the irony of the Seinfeld dating the masseuse bit comes to mind
    i. e. she had NO interest in giving him a massage!

• Not necessarily. It really depends on the man and his moral (for a lack of a better word) values. That is not to say one options is more moral than the other, but what he thinks is the threshold of immorality.

The real question is can you live with a man who has a different definition of morality than you do. Because even if you conform to his sense of morality, that will only last as long as you can put up a different face.

My suggestion is to be yourself and do what you think is right. The right man is the one who will accept you with ALL of your flaws.

• I wouldn't like it

• It wouldn't bother me at all. I would just think she was a hot woman who was offered the chance to do some modeling. Lots of women do things like that, and it doesn't make me think anything other than that they're beautiful women showing it off and maybe expressing a bit of sexual fantasy.

• I think you have done such an awesome thing. You got back on the horse and are confident to do this. I would love to meet a girl like you.

• OK, it's like this: there are whores and webcam girls. Then their are underwear and swimsuit models. OK. An underwear and swimsuit model is like a wecam slut's first cousin. And just a very small change in environment or circumstance could change one into the other very quickly. Women see a difference. Men don't. Anyone who would pose in bra and panties is a prostituting slut in men's eyes.

So the short answer is that a guy who would date you would probably also date a webcam exhibitionist. There's really no difference. Whoring out your body as a model is just one small step from doing it as a p*rn actress and a p*rn actress is less hypocritical. Once again, women see a huge difference. Men see NO difference.

• I would consider @anastasis opinion quite extreme. I don't know any guy that would think that a bikini/bra and panty model was a prostituting slut. There is no nudity, sex, or exhibitionism. They are clothed, scantily, but she is still covered. It is honest professional work. There is no whoring involved.
      I wonder if the opinion owner thinks every girl at the beach in a bikini is a whore.

• LOL this is way overboard. Talk about a drama queen.

She said she'd be in lingerie, dumbo. Girls post pictures of themselves in bathing suits all the time. There's basically no difference.

• The opposite. It would turn me on. A woman displaying herself in minimal clothing in front of a camera displays a TON of confidence most girls would shy away from. Plus, I'm a fan of sensual photography.

• Don't believe anyone who would tell you that they wouldn't want a woman who does modelling. Naturally, we all (strongly, but subconsciously) fancy whatever our society thinks is hot, regardless of personal preferences.

• For me it would be a turn on.
    Seeing my sexy GF in lingerie online or in the bedroom would be hot.
    Modeling clothing, however skimpy, is legitimate work.

• In my personal experience, women who put up such pictures are often very much into themselves, and I find that a turnoff. So for me in that case, it could be a dealbreaker.

Now in the context of the photos being legitimate modeling work, the pictures being in a modeling portfolio, that would be fine. It's just that posted on Facebook, it screams "look at meeeee" which tends to send me in the other direction. Am I making any sense?

• Knowing that lots of other guys have seen your body is like finding out you've had sex with each and every one of them.

• So women should never go to beaches and wear bathing suits? Lmao, your logic is ridiculous.

• Yes. There are so m any "models" on the internet. Not to discredit you, but it just drives me crazy because many (but not all) women want to be models because they never took the time to develop any kind of special skill or talents or become interesting in any way. Those kind of women annoy me. Congrats on getting your foot in the door though. Most guys dont mind it though so I wouldn't worry.

• I agree that many women want to be models. We have been conditioned by society to believe that the most important thing about us is our looks. Most of us buy it. I admit I had always wanted to be a model but never seriously considered it because I'm not tall and skinny. I'm skinny for the average folk but not on the runway. It was only after I started working out regularly and my body started getting definition that I realized that modeling opportunities that don't have a 90-lb, 5'6" and up requirement were actually out there, such as promotional modeling (which I'm doing regularly), swimsuit modeling (which I'm getting offers for and what this post is about), and fitness modeling (which is my future goal).

And yeah, I have other skills. I have a health care degree and work in that industry, and I'm also a writer.

• Off.
    I'm a guy who likes to keep what is his to himself, and if I had a girlfriend like you i'd tell her to stop if she wants to keep the realtionship stable :S.

• Im sorry but I would not consider u as a dating meterial
    but doing what u like is much important than anything
    so screw the people and do what u have to do :)

• For me it would all come down to trust. You would definitely have to smooth over the little insecurities I have so that they would not grow into distrust. I am not the real jealous type either. Other than that I would feel great that I am dating a model. just saying ;)

• Yes, it would be a deal breaker. I want a modest woman.

• If you told me that you did modeling, I would be fine with it. The only thing I wouldn't be fine with would be if my girlfriend was having sex in a p*rn shoot, which is obviously not what you are doing. If I had been dating you for a while and you still hadn't told me you had done modeling and I discovered some then I might get more suspicious about what else you weren't telling me.

• I think this is very subjective to what kind of guy you want and that's where its just complex. Yeah you're churchgoing man may be opposed however another man may find it attractive while a man with my type of brain just says hey if she's happy good for her. Personally its not as dramatic as doing p*rn and I think such poses and photos are no longer tabboo to most people. Good luck.

• It wouldn't make me think any less of you or be turn off or make me not want to see you anymore, etc

• No it would not be a turn off. It would most likely lead to him expecting sex earlier though

• Hell NO.

I'd hope she would let me shoot some of her too!

• It would turn me on, if she was with me.

• no... because i know that is your line of work... and it makes me proud of you... not all girls can pose a sensual shoot, etc.

• i dont realy know but i can't decide will i agree with a model girlfriend or no i can't see someone masturbate on her

• Double edged sword. I think it would so fucking awesome if she was modeling, I would definitely support her but deep down, I think it would make me a bit insecure. Like she's so awesome and her leaving me would hurt more than usual.

• I think it would be a huge turn off.

• major bragging rights

• More from Guys
    16

What Girls Said 6

• My ex boyfriend was really possessive & absolutely hated it. Now, I'm dating a new guy, & he seems to be super supportive & likes it a lot. All depends on the guy & what makes you happy. You do you! (I model lingerie)

• A guy would like and and not at the same time he'd think ur hot and all but then if he's kinda narrow-minded he'd be jealous, and thats what u like doing so then he shouldn't be there to judge,, and yeah it would be a turn on for most guys

• Or dignified. I personally have a way of life that just doesn't have room for a webcam stripper.

• Strippers don't have to go nude. Read a dictionary.

• How lame can u get,? Strippers aren't even on a dictionary, and how the fuck can u decide if she's a webcam stripper? what if u are huh? u basically make no sense, and have a brain of a 12 year old girl ffs

• I'd assume it'd turn them on instead, unless the guy's some hillbilly or religious fanatic.

My sister does similar photography, the dudes are all over her. Which sucks for me. But that's another story. Haha.

• If he's worth your time, he'll respect your decisions. You should be up front about it though because some men may be uncomfortable with it. You deserve a man that supports you, and if he doesn't, then you know who to kick to the curb to make room for someone in your life that's worthwhile.

• I doubt any guy or girl would not wanna date a girl hot enough to be a model :p

• Online? For everyone to see? Yes that would turn a guy off. Guys don't like to share from my experience