Do girls like guys 20 years older than them? If so, who?

Most Helpful Girl

• I admire and like guys who are 20 years older than me but in most cases it doesn't mean that I think it's appropriate to date someone with such a huge age gap. There's just too many differences going on between a girl let's say who is 18 and a guy who is almost 40. Same with if the guy is 18 and the woman 40. I think older people who have a lot of life experiences and know what they are about already should be supportive and understanding of younger people as they go about exploring stuff in their life. This support and understanding can be seductive to a younger person who has to put up with a lot of shit coming from her peers... but it's not a good excuse for the older person to exploit that.

What Girls Said 90

• If he has no problem with the fact that I might be a little less mature than him and treats me well, has patience, views me as an equal, respects me, loves me, doesn't care about the age difference, knows where to go and have fun, is romantic, cares about me... The things you would expect in a guy (to make it simple) I wouldn't care if he is much older than me. Sometimes it can even be fun to share some time with someone who has a lot more of experience.

• If he views me as an equal, has a low number of sex partners, doesn't hold unreasonable expectations towards me or try to control me unreasonably, respects me and treats me well and keeps himself fit and healthy looking.

• Personally I couldn't like a guy 20 years older than myself. I would feel that we wouldn't have much in common, considering they would be closer to my parents age. The most I would ever consider is 10 years. I have liked a guy that was two years younger than me and one that was four years older.

• Yes - gold diggers.
    But that means you have to be rich to get one of those...
    There are stupid and then there are smart gold diggers - but most of them figure out if you're lying to them at some point - i. e. can smell the bull****, and know whether you have money or not.

• I'm incredibly logical so dating someone who could potentially die 20 years before me is scary as fuck. I don't mind the age difference, my boyfriend is 6 years older than me. I'm 23 and he's 29 but I never think about it because we both are so mature that age doesn't affect our relationship.
    Dude, as long as you're not dating a 17 year old miner I think its okay.

• I don't personally understand how people are attracted to others who are much different in age. I can't even be attracted to someone two years younger than I am. I prefer to date someone the same age as I am. Same, a year older, or maybe 2.

• I'm 19 and my guy is 30.
    I have always been more attracted to older guys I think.
    That's not to say I dismiss a guy simply because he's my age.
    But he better be on the mature side for sure.
    I bore easily.
    :)

• Why would anyone be interested in anyone who is old enough to be there dad jeezo

• No personally I wouldn't date a guy much over than me. I feel there is nothing in common between us. I prefere men close to my age.

• I had been on a couple of casual dates with a man that was 14 years older than I was, and he constantly would ask me if I knew of "this band" or "this song" or if I've ever "heard of this" which were all things a little before my time. It was a constant awkward battle of him trying to relate to people my age and me trying to seem mature enough and knowledgeable of the things he was interested in. Needless to sat it didn't work, sexually we were attracted to each other but mentally we didn't connect.

• Ummm typically, women like men closer to their age but also prefer older over younger, but it doesn't mean girls won't give a guy a chance if he meets their standards

• Celebrities

• Me, age doesn't matter when it comes to love!

• Age ain't nothin but a number. Its about the person and their heart not their age. age is just an excuse. Or those women are simply close minded. It also depends on the gap. 20 and 40 are a huge difference but 40 and 60 maybe not. This will be a great poll question on wizecat. com

• No, then the guy would be 45 which creeps me out.. plus I want a guy that's still young enough to run around/play with his kids (if we ever had any), not someone who's already grandpa age by the time his kids are born

• No thank you! Talk about not being able to have anything in common! The guy could be the girls dad! 0.0

• Ya I would have to say no I mean I'm 18 and dated a guy that is 24 I would only go 6 years older then me but that's just me

• Lol I date guys way older than me. When I was 16, they were 20 plus, now I'm 25, guys 40 plus are just what I want. But that's individual. Some girls will date younger or same age or older. I don't care as long as they have a great personality but I do prefer older men simply because of maturity and experience- but that's debatable in itself and probably not reliable.

• I love the older fellas! Lol something about their physique and how they carry themselves is really attractive. I would marry Leonardio DiCaprio in a heartbeat! =P

• If the person is interesting and "fresh" then I don't mind it.

• I'm dating someone who is 11 years older. For the fact he treats me exactly how I should be treated. He loves not only me but my child also. He can act his age and be mature. Whereas he still knows when to just let go and have fun. Plus he understands the importance of having a good job. Not just him but both of us. He excepts my independents to where guys my age try to take it away.

• I would never want ro date anyone that was old enough to be my dad. That's weird and kind of wrong.

• Hmmm... My bf is 5 years older than me and I love it that way. I'd probably go to an older guy if things don't work out (but I expect they will). However, I'm 26 so a guy who's 46 has probably been married and I don't know if I wanna be the second wife. On the other hand, if he hasn't been married then what's wrong with him? Talk about grey area.

• Omg ummm I don't know if the right guy came along then I would probably say yes. However I do prefer older men maybe 10 years older is good for me, don't know about 20 cause that's like my dad's age uhhh

• No way. I refuse to date someone more than eight years older than me, it just feels so wrong...

• Honestly I think that that's as scary as all hell. Its just plain freaking wrong. Why would you ask something like that dude?

• well maybe if you look at his pic, right next to it says over 35 ;-) I do have one more thing to say, wait until you get older... your outlook may change your perspective :-)

• I have a crush on my professor who I think is about 60 years old...

• Only if he's Robert Downey Jr. but he's more than 20 years older than me.

• Mmm yeah? Michael Fassbender!!! <3

• I think the oldest I'd go right now is 10 years. The guy I'm seeing now is about that.

• More from Girls
    60

What Guys Said 14

• If a woman is 40-45 she may find a 60 year old man who is looking after himself an attractive man.
    In general in the west (USA and Europe), men over 40 are considered low value unless they have money?
    However in some countries such as ex-Soviet countries men smoke a lot and drink a lot of strong spirits (Vodka , Brandy) and they generally die before or not long after they are 50 or they are in very bad health.
    Consequently there are a lot of women in those countries who see fit men in the west as being good partners where they have none in their own country and they only have the prospect to be alone.
    The attitudes to older healthy men in Eastern countries is completely different to in the West. Older men in the East are more respected and women like to be feminine and not feminist. It is very interesting because scarcity has made women look for different things due to circumstance.

• I've gotten interest from women 20 years my junior.

• girls who are after "mature" guys

• Amazingly, a lot of young ladies have daddy / older man fetish.

• Yeah. These are girls who just want sugar daddys to buy them everything. If all she has to do is put out every so often then that's a great deal for her.

• Read a few GAGers that love it

• Some do but they're usually 35 or more, themselves.

• There are definitely girls who are into guys 20+ years older than them! :-P

• My pop is 65, my mom is 52. It's awesome.

• Some do cause they want someone "mature". Yet would a mature guy still be considered mature chasing younger women. Who? Most likely gold diggers.

• My my neighbor is married to a guy that is 16 years younger than her. I'm sure it goes both ways. Don't really a child though.

• Most do some dont.

• Money mobey money

• Some do but not the perverted weirdoes like some I know.