What are your thoughts on Free dating sites such as Meetme, Tagged, Ok Cupid, POF?

Ever met anyone, How was your experience, are they better than paid sites

Most Helpful Guy

• Never used Meetme or Tagged.

POF has a lot of users, and that means they're a.. diverse bunch. You have to do a LOT of searching to find someone who isn't fat/ugly/crazy/damaged.

OKC has a generally higher standard of member than POF. There's still some crazies and chunksters on there but there's also a lot of weird crypto-facist pseudo-vegan hipsters that you don't tend to see on POF. There's some very cool people there, too, and for that reason I recommend OKC.

Have you considered Tinder? In between all the duckfaced golddiggers and PUAs, there are some people actually worth dating. Plus it's a fun way to kill time swiping through the pictures.

You shouldn't have to pay for a dating site IMHO. In fact, I would advise against it. They hold back features like seeing people's pictures or sending messages for a reason - because if you saw how poor the selection was, you'd never pay.

0/2500

Send It!

What Girls Said 7

• I think it depends on what you want. If you are seeking a relationship, you will most likely have better luck on a paid site (though there are exceptions to every rule, obviously). People will be more likely to be serious about what they want if they pay for it, KWIM? I have heard POF and other sites are better for the random hookups and such, but @babykaka is a glowing example of an exception to that rule! :)

• I get fucking creeped out bout that shit, cause that's how murders happen, I just don't wanna be that girl on meet me that you read about on the news.

• I used okcupid. I had an amazing experience, found many interesting nice guys. That actually weren't catfishing me. My man and I met on There. And we are without a doubt soulmates and gonna get married in future. So I certainly recommend it.

• what is catfishing, sorry never really understood

• Ohh sounds like that song I'm so much cooler online lol

• Love that song!

• Only tried OKC, and it was really bad. Just thirsty dudes lookin' for pics.

• POF is where I found my boyfriend and we're still going strong

• Did Okcupid years ago. a lot of jerks. Mostly trolls. (Meaning fake people who bug others.) Did make three great friends. Who I still keep in touch with.

Tried P. O. F last year in November. Met my boyfriend.

• iv met a lot of people online using these sites, im currently seeing someone I met on POF. we would never have met otherwise!

• POF is pretty legitimate. Meetme however not so much

• my ex used that after we broke up, he was talking to some proper dodgy people, i know this because he stupidly left himself logged into Facebook on my comp lol

What Guys Said 5

• Tagged: There weren't any girls of my race (white) anywhere near my area, I don't like Tagged.

Okcupid: Girls never reply, I messaged 100 girls and never got one reply in a 2 month period.

POF: I actually got a few replies I messaged almost the same amount of girls and got 5 replies but all of them stopped talking to me I don't know why.

MeetMe: I highly recommend MeetMe girls always reply on this site, when I was on it every girl replied no joke, this is the best site for meeting girls and about every girl was of my race in my area (White).

MeetMe is the best!

Paid sites are just no good because they let people join for free but they can't respond to messages unless they pay so most of the profiles can't answer messages, the paid sites are not very active.

• I didn't have any success with them. I had two dates after messaging dozens of women, and talking to a few more. I found my fiancee at a paid Catholic dating site.

• I know one couple that found each other on okcupid

• I tried for like 2 weeks and then felt super lame about it so deleted it lol

• Dating sites mostly suck, 90% of chick dont message back and most of the chicks are fat and ugly. That being said I went on two dates fwith normal looking chicks and both never led to anything. Its a good time waster and maybe you will get lucky but more than likely not.