How much do looks actually matter?

i'm not a very attractive woman and since i have had only very few boyfriends in my life although i have a lot of friends and seem to have a good personality, i assume that looks matter a lot to guys. is that true? or is it more about personality? do guys get less superifical as they get older? thanks for honest answers, appreciate it :)

Most Helpful Guy

• It all depends on the guy. For some guys looks are all they care about. Other guys don't really mind that much either way.

For me it's about 25% looks and 75% personality. And I am very picky in the personality department, I don't date a girl just because she's not bad, she's got to have a good personality. Looks are a significant factor but personality is more important.

Thinking of it like a test grade (which is a terrible way to think of it), even if a girl has a perfect personality, if she scores 0 in the looks department the best 'grade' she can get is a C or D, which isn't that great. Of course most girls won't score 0 in the looks department or 100 in the personality department. A LOT of girls will score 0 in the personality department though, unfortunately, and even more unfortunately they are often the ones who score 100 in the looks department.

What Guys Said 11

• To me personality is more important and yes the older you get the less looks matter. There has to be some form of physical attraction to initiate wanting to meet. It doesn't have to be a pretty face. It could be tits, ass, the way you move, the style you wear etc

• Looks matter. But, that's not to say they're the only thing that matter. in my opinion as long as you look like you care about your appearance (though not obsessively, just in the sense that you pick out nice clothes, keep your hair looking good, etc.) and like you take care of your health (exercise, eating right, etc.) then just exude confidence and be attractive. It's not just about body shape.

• The value is astoundingly low. First what you look like is a strong indicator of who you will attract but nothing else and does not directly effect the odds of copulation or partnership. Second superficiality actually never decreases but since there are other ways to acquire the fame and get noticed the problem itself rarely relates directly to looks.

• A LOT because it's the first thing i notice on a girl

• Looks do matter to everyone. A potential partner has to be attractive to the other person. They don't have to be SUPER HOT to everyone, but just to each other.

• Look's are first thing we see in a person so they do matter... there should be some sort of attraction towards her then only I would try to get to know her... the person's personality is what that will make me stay with her or fall in love with her

• We are visual beings so yeah it does matter to a certain extent, personality is however important to most guys as well! :)

• Not at all to me, but I'm ugly so it'd be hypocritical if they did.

• I have never had a girlfriend

• need picture

• I can only tell you when I see your picture

What Girls Said 1

• Generally, it matters to anyone who wants a partner. For the simple fact that the first thing you see in a person is not their personality but their face.
    As yadda said, you may not have to be SUPERHOT but at least attractive then, personality comes into play.
    it also depends too on what the person is looking for - a fuckbuddy/fling or a girlfriend