Should I try and kiss him again?

Okay, so I replied to a personal ad. He's 22, lives in the next town over. He's totally cool, we meet and go to the park. And totally hit it off, so he takes me back to his place and we watch a movie. He lays (JUST) a kiss on me, and tells me I'm fun to kiss. Today, he picks me up and we visit another park. We are walking back to the car and I sort of stopped him and stood in front of him, he looked around at me. And told me that he actually really likes me and thinks I'm really pretty, doesn't want to rush into a relationship right now. And needs to figure himself out first. And then says, even though he does really want to kiss me (it's obvious). Is he gay? Does he just not want to make any mistakes with someone he sees himself with for a long time? I'm completely lost here, we are supposed to hang out again tomorrow. Should I say something, or try again. I don't know, because it's kind of depressing me and. Emotionally, I really wasn't expecting him to say that. Please HELP.

He never called me or e-mailed me again. You snooze you lose I guess. A little depressing, but maybe someone broke his heart and he wasn't over it. I don't know, and I no longer wonder.

Most Helpful Guy

• Like everyone else said, I doubt the guy is gay. I think he just is just simply trying to take his time with you because he likes and respects you. Also you two just meet and a comfort zone may have not been established yet. I know when I meet a woman that I am really into I don't push up on her so much. This sounds like a good guy. I suggest you don't panic because he is not kissing all over you in just a couple of dates. The fact that he is interested in seeing you without all the physical contact is evidence that he is genuinely interested.

What Guys Said 3

• It's funny how so many girls talk about wanting a nice romantic guy. And then when they meet one that actually treats the girl with respect, she asks if he is gay. What kind of world are we living in. Of course if he tried to stick his hand up your shirt or down your pants, I'm sure that would be acceptable and normal to you, right?

• Well, I just meant because he said he wants to figure things out first. But I guess he wouldn't keep asking to hang out and obviously want to kiss me if her were gay. And yeah. The world we live in is crazy.

• Well get to know him better. Sounds like you might have found one of those rare "good guys. "

• I think he is straight, but he may have had something happen before that makes him want to go slow.

It's only been a little while. Wait a while before you make any definite decisions on whether or not to keep seeing him.

• Obviously he wasn't crazy about you. Don't think he's gay. Recommend to forget him altogether.

What Girls Said 3

• Omg no he's not gay. If he doesn't want to rush into a relationship or kiss you it shouldn't be a big deal. You two have only been on a few dates. If he doesn't want to rush into a relationship don't act like you're in a relationship by hugging and kissing him. You can obviously still flirt with him and kiss if it seems like the right moment but right now just be his friend and don't force yourself on him.

• Is he gay? No, he's not gay, he's a straight guy who wants to kiss you but doesn't want to rush it. At least he said so. For what reasons, who knows? I wouldn't try to kiss him again

at this point. Maybe later. You'll probably get plenty more chances with him.

• Well I know he's not straight exactly. But it's obvious he is into me, hormones and all. Thanks for the advice!

• Just because a guy doesn't want to rush into anything doesn't mean he's gay!

• Well, I've just never had this happen before is all.