How would a guy react to being told I had feeling for him in a letter?

I have feelings for a friend of mine.
I have to tell him, it's killing me being around him.
I'm going to write him a letter telling him how I feel. I've tried to do it in person and I just don't have the guts.

We flirt and He stares at me and his behaviour towards me isn't strictly platonic, but I'm unsure ofngus reaction.

How do guys react receiving a letter like this?
Flattered/ happy/ freaked out?

Most Helpful Girl

• Erm i wouldn't be very impressed in this day and age communication between folk is lacking as it is, now if you write a letter and he doesn't feel the same this is worse than being face to face because he will stew over it and when see you probably avoid you. If you tell him to his face you can only get two answers 1) he feels the same 2) you are misreading the signs and he is sorry but only wants to be friends and you will most likely continue to be friends. Now if he does like you he is going to weigh up being with you now you couldn't tell him to his face so he os going to think well if she can't tell me she likes me to my face what else would she not be able to tell me, am I intimidating to her, is she crazy am I going to have a stalker on my hands is this potentially a woman I want to get involved with!!! Men are simple logical creatures telling him to his face is more intimate its more friendly than a bit paper with just words on it and no emotion to be seen.

What Guys Said 1

• im wondering the same thing but for girls. im in the same situation

What Girls Said 2

• write the letter. Sometimes it is just a better method because you can write all of your thoughts and you have time to think and will be able to portray your feelings better. My dad and I are both letter writers because well it is just less awkward and then everyone has time to think things over on their own time.

• Do what you need to do and good luck! I just did the same because it was the only way I could make sure that everything that I wanted to say was said. Wouldn't have changed the way I did it at all