Met Someone Online

Just wondering if any of you have ever met someone online and traveled quite a distance to meet that person and how it went?

Just curious.

Most Helpful Guy

• I haven't had to travel, but I've met girls online before, even ones from far away. While I don't think it's necessarily "bad" to do things this way, you have more things working against you than for you. You have to think of the reason why guys are meeting girls online from far away in the first place. Is it because you can't meet girls locally, or you are having difficulty? If so, what makes us think that girls online from farther away will be any different? It may seem better, because they appear to be interested, but online it's difficult to gauge how a person really is. We are able to adjust our answers when we chat/talk online. We can put up only our best pictures. We can say anything.

You also have to think that when you travel to meet this person, you're putting a lot of faith in them being a certain way. It takes a while to get to know someone enough to know if they're right for you (if you're not, you are deluding yourself). That's a lot of effort into figuring this info out.

The main reason guys try this approach is because they don't want to put in the little bit of extra effort becoming better at meeting girls locally. There are ways to enhance your success, from learning how to approach and talk to women, to learning about different places they hang out. My opinion is you'd be better served putting your energy into doing this, because chances are if you keep doing what you've been doing anyway, long distance or not, you'll keep getting the same results. I can help you learn more about becoming a guy who can attract more women locally if you like. I promise you're better off doing this than is worth the risk of meeting people online who don't live nearby.

• I'd have to agree.

• I agree with everything except the part about meeting girls locally. I have never understand this, out of all the people in the world why should you have to be with someone local to you? The world is a big place full of different and interesting people. If you just date people from down the road your experiences will be limited.

• The reason I say that is because, as you say, there are lots of women out there. Let's say you want to meet a woman who meets your qualifications (a LOT different than just finding one who likes you). What are the chances of doing that if you meet only 5? How about 10? Maybe something you thought you wanted turns out to be something you don't want afterall. How can you know this unless you experience a diversity of people? This is an important choice in your life. Logistics are worse in LD

What Girls Said 8

• Funny story. I actually met my boyfriend on this site. He was sweet and not like a lot of the guys on here. Truthfully, I was kinda nervous at first but after exchanging numbers and Facebook names I felt really safe. When he flew down to visit me for my birthday, I was a bit nervous as to he could have been lying so I took my brother along with me. Well, let me just say everything went perfectly and it really was everything I imagined. We clicked so fast and we've been together for six months and it's perfect. It's not all a walk in the park though. both of you have to be willing to make it work and there needs to be constant communication on both your parts. If one of you slacks off, the relationship starts to fall. And just recently, I went out to California to visit him and it was the best week of my life. Yes, I miss him greatly but I can definitely tell you it was worth the effort. :D We are going on six months and we're both so happy.

• well I'm 16, so I never went to meet them, but I talk to a lot of random people on MySpace so I'm introduced to a lot of people I don't know and once I can drive and I have enough responsibility and freedom to do something like drive a long distance, I wouldn't be surprised if I decide to.

• i have and iv dated people that live about a hout and a half away on a bus and it worked find but it didn't last

i think it maybe would have done if we had gotten a lot closer befor we actully got toegther though

• I met my boyfriend online, he just happens to live 10 minutes away.

• I haven't met anyone online but my best friend met her fiance on this christian website and they are going to get married next year. I think she flew to Florida and he proposed to her.

I guess online dating does work --but I honestly wouldn't go that far. if I were to date someone online --I would only go as far as like a few miles from where I live.

• I've never been on a dating site. The people I've met online were from communities where we had a common interest. I think that's important because we (at least I) weren't actively looking to date someone online. It just happened that way.

I met an ex online. We talked for a bit and hit it off. Then we started talking on the phone and with voice chat. Then we did the webcam thing. There was physical attraction from both ends. He didn't live too far away from me. About a 6 hour drive away. After talking to each other for 3 months we decided to meet up. When we met there was instant "chemistry." We visited each other back and forth a few more times after that until I moved in with him. We were together for 4 years. Unfortunately, things didn't work out in the end.

• I did! I met my boyfriend online we been together for 6 months now (= we don't live that far tou, is like a 40 minutes away and our relationship is been great he met my family. And he introduced me to his dad (=

• I have not.

What Guys Said 4

• Hey dude,

I've done it MANY TIMES and for the most part, ITS NOT WORTH IT! Generally, long distance relationships do not work, since most communication is NON-VERBAL. So while a phone call here and there is good, and an occasional "meet up" once a month may seem okay, a true connection with someone is most easily maintained by being around him/her. An exception is if you two began the relationship in close proximity but then LATER moved away from one another.

I've done the long distance thing and each time, there was a certain "closeness" that we just didn't have. And of course, NO SEX...which often lead to problems since at least one of you will be horny. (LETS BE REAL!)

So in short, don't do it...and if you feel she's worth it, one of you two need to move so that you two are together in every sense of the word!

Flyness

• I am in that boat actually right now, I just asked a question about it. I plan on driving 3 hours to see a girl I met online and I'm really excited about it.

• I have, but I don't consider her a romantic interest in the slightest, and very unlikely we'll ever meet face to face.

• Yes I did. It was foolish and very stupid of me. I was a kid like 14. She lived in Canada. I saved up all the money I had in the world to go see her. So I flew out, her parents picked me up and I stayed at her place. It was weird for me because I was stepping way out of my comfort zone. We kinda got along but I could tell she just wasn't that into me. Her brother was really cool and took me out to the mall and taught me some stuff. At the end I had to leave and she gave me a hug and just wasn't interested. I found out later when I was out there she was talking to this other guy who was like 19 and some "bad ass". It depressed for me a while. Bad bad experience.