He's not comfortable with hugging me yet?

My crush asked me out last weekend and it's almost been exactly a week that we've been dating. I don't want to seem like I'm moving too fast, but whenever I hug him, he seems really uncomfortable about it... I don't know if Im just imagining things, but I've only hugged him twice and he has seemed kind of nervous about it. I also really want to hold hands with him but I don't want to push him away... What should I do? Should I talk to him about it? He's coming over my house tomorrow, and I don't know what to do... Please help! Thanks!

• Give it time
  • Just go for it
  • Talk to him about it

Most Helpful Guy

• that is a a very cute question, anyway. that sure is normal as I experience that before when I first started dating a girl I tend to get nervous and it took me a year before I was able to kiss her, the thing is when a guy is with their crush they just tend to froze up or get so embarrassed and shy that they usually got tongue tied and it is normal for them to be uncomfortable, just be patient with him and start it slowly, start with holding hands. start with gentle intimacy until he got used to it to the point that he will start touching your hand on his own, then after that you can start hugging him. men are usually shy so it tends to happen. just have patience and I'm sure you two will go far. I wish you good luck and I hope you become happy with him. and also, do not and I mean do not ever forgot about your studies.

• you are most welcome, and I sure hope that your relationship works. just don't pressure him, but also don't let it deter you. I'm sure he will start reciprocating your advances when he's comfortable enough. good luck to you and have a good day.

What Guys Said 2

What Girls Said 1

• Maybe you're right, he was just nervous. He could be shy or he doesn't want to overstep the boundaries between you two, like you said It has only been a week since you guys have started dating. Since he's coming over tomorrow talk to him and tell him that you want to hold hands, hug or cuddle with him at times. Good luck ;)