Do get guys get overwhelmed when girls talk a lot?

I spent some time with the guy I'm interested in today, and he would ask me questions about things I'm interested in, but at times I'd catch myself blabbing and would reverse it and ask him something. I just wonder if now he's gonna think I'm a little too chatty.

Most Helpful Guy

• It depends on the girl (her personality), our chemistry, what we are talking about, and probably a dozen other things. So it's impossible for any of us to tell you how he took it, but if he seemed to enjoy himself and you two parted of good times, then you shouldn't worry about it. (Hell, there have been some girls that I've talked to that I've actually thought it was cute when they'd get chatty.)

What Guys Said 8

• girls do that lol. I have a female friend who talks a lot, but then again she has a lot more going on in her life than I do. os she is going to have more to talk about. besides girls can talk to 5 different people about the same subject about a million times and not get tired of it. if the guy doesn't get to participate in the conversation he might lose focus or be unable to respond to you because there is so much information he has to process or remember and he won't be able to talk about everything you said, or he might say one word to let you continue and see if he can understand what you were saying through hearing you speak more about it. and then he'll probably forget the story or leave out parts that you think he should remember

• Not as long as you are also asking about him. It is when a girl only talks about herself that guys get frustrated.

• I'm afraid this is totally individual. I'd listen to a girl for hours, especially if we're on the same wave. But being a good listener, I've been told, is a great gift; there are a lot of guys who get bored when women talk too much, lots of them actually switch off after some time, uttering an occasional "hm" and "yeah" here and there to make it seem like they're with you.

• No, I can listen for a long time. But you gotta let the other person talk every once in a while.

• I just tune her out after a couple minutes.

• Depends on the guy, obviously, for me if the girl isn't talking a lot I feel like I'm doing something wrong.

• No worries if he's asking about it and seems interested he's interested men are pretty simple with stuff like that

• What if he starts like smiling randomly while I'm talking. Is that like a reaction to what I'm saying or what? Because he was asking me about an internship I'm in, which I don't know, wouldn't really elicit much of a smile I think.

• he might be trying to show support for you getting a good internship or imagining you working at it many guys smile to show that we are paying attention

• I don't get overwhelmed, I like to talk. But that's just my opinion. ~camo

What Girls Said 2

• When I first friended my crush on FB, I stupidly talked to him as soon as he was online. He did reply, but it was a one-word answer. I think I did scare him off a bit, but then again, he's a guy with no guts.
    It's mainly an individual thing like quentosh said, some guys love it when girls talk, some don't.
    Tomorrow, try balancing everything out. You don't want to be the one that talks to much, and neither does the guy.
    Once you get to know each other further, you won't be thinking about who talks too much!!!
    Good luck!

• I know this is asking guys but as a friend, I can be a good listener but generally cannot stand people who talk on without stopping to realise. At least you stopped to ask him questions and realised so don't fret too much.