What does a Facebook official relationship mean?

MY gf wants to make our relationship Facebook official or not have it all, what does Facebook official mean? Can one have a relationship that isn't Facebook official?

Most Helpful Girl

• It means she wants the whole public to know. When your Facebook official, then the relationship is real. It's letting everyone know 1. she isn't single and free to mingle anymore and 2. who the person she is dating is.

What Girls Said 4

• Who cares about Facebook nowadays? I thought that was a dying trend...
    Jeez...

• Umm people still use it you know?

• It means she wants you to declare on Facebook that you are in a relationship.

• She want you too declare " your name with her name" now are in a relationship. You know so everyone can know..

• that just to display and show to your friends that you're taken lol

What Guys Said 2

• Hang on hang on hang on... if you don't make it Facebook official, she'll dump you?

• I think so yeah. I don't know why.

• Yeah o thought it was unreasonable? I just don't see why it such a major deal.

• It's ridiculous. If she's serious, she's in this relationship for the wrong reasons. Sorry.

• Who cares about Faceboo? That's so 2008. Facebook was dumb and old before it even began. I feel so much better after deleting my account. Facebook is a cackling women and fags.