Stay Quiet or Speak Up?

How do you tell your significant other to lose weight without making them feel bad?

0|0
2|3

Most Helpful Guy

• Just be honest and tell them. It's better you risk hurting their feelings than letting their weight issue continue because eventually it will lead to health problems. Also don't let them put it off because "mentally preparing yourself" for getting in shape won't make it any easier on them. Just get him to start a walking/jogging/running program that be can accomplish at his current weight and have him work up from there. Hope this helps!

1|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 2

• DON'T!

forcing someone to lose weight isn't polite. the person who needs to lose weight must figure it out by HIMSELF and only1

1|0
    1|0
  • I would offer them to go for walks to help them lose weight
    or ask them if they want join a exercise group.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• the way id do it is tell him to come with me.

'hey let's go to the gym together. it'll be awesome and u can encourage me:)'

note that i didn't say, we'll encourage each other. i guess it's about making a man feel like he has some role to uphold for you, so give him the dues and just hide ur good intentions in ur deeds rather than speaking=] more powerful.

1|0
    0|0
  • This depends. Is the person unhealthy? In that case you should try to make him/her eat better and exercise. Is the person healthy but you just don't find him/her attractive? Then you shouldn't do anything because that could really hurt said person and since there is no health risk, it would only be mean.

1|0
    0|0