Is it okay for a girl to ask a guy out?

What do you think is right for girls to make the first move or what should be the rule as to girls asking guys out?

• Girls should ask out
  • Guys should ask out
  • it doesn't really matter who does it

Most Helpful Girl

• I know I've posted this to another question on here, however I do feel it is somewhat relevant here as well.

Gosh, this sounds almost like the story of my life... Lol.

I do promise that I will try and keep this short though.

Growing up as I did in a very small English village where of course everyone knew everyone, I was always extremely attracted to just one cute looking boy who also lived in the village.

Now, remembering that at this time I was just thirteen years old, I thought I was giving out all the right signals that I was interested, and so I waited and waited for him to ask me out, sadly to no avail.

In the end I took a very deep breath and I asked him out (well, a girl's got to do what a girl's got to do!) and thankfully he gladly accepted.

It transpired that he was extremely shy and an almost introvert, he had so much always wanted to ask me out but because of his difficulties and the huge fear of me turning him down found this impossible to do.

So long story short... We have now been a couple ever since that day... We have lived together for the past seven years... I have slowly but surely turned him into a most confident and outgoing guy, so much so that he is now my business partner.

And so to the "cherry on top of the icing"... We were married only last Sept.

The moral of the story simply has to be "A Girl's Got To Do What A Girl's Got To Do"

What Guys Said 4

• It's perfectly fine. I've been asked out by a number of women and have always reacted positively to it.

• The Search Function says so.

• Ask him out if you really want to. Some guys do NOT get hints.

• It obviously is. Don't expect guys to do everything.

What Girls Said 4

• Of course it's okay! Guys don't always have to be the one to make the first move. In my honest opinion, anyone who is interested should make a move, regardless of gender. If you like a guy then go for it and ask him out! Take the initiative :)

• It's perfectly fine. You have guts.

• it doesn't really matter , who cares?

• I personally never have and never will.
    Up to you.