Coffee or shopping/cinema for 1st date?

Background:

I have been going to a gym for over a month. I like one of the receptionist girls who was smiling and being friendly with me, while I acted very casual with not even a wiff of flirting, just looking busy and focused on my workouts and talking with the PTs also at the desk.

Today, I initiated conversation and flirted a little with her and her reaction was positive; casual things like asking her name, what she did on the weekend, what she studies during the week (music- she is a songwriter!) but also how she looks like she workouts.

Question:

My membership is finishing in 2 days time and when I mentioned this she was keen to show me options/deals on joining long term. I probably won't be as I have already signed for another gym so chances are it will be last time she sees me.

1. I was going to ask her that I am going clothes shopping and wanted her to come (she mentioned she likes shopping) to get another opinion as my sister is not around. There is a cinema at the mall so that would also be an option later.

2. Alternatively, she looks like she eats healthy so I could say I am going to Starbucks for green tea and you should come along to try it out as well.

What should I go for, 1 or 2? Or something else, or nothing?

Thanks for any help :-)

OK.. so option 2 wins. Thanks for all the answers! But is there anything better than coffee for a first date... something more original? Or should I just stick to the safe option?

Most Helpful Girl

• Number 2.
    Offering to be a Tagalong is not a good for a date.

What Girls Said 2

• Go with option 2

• Go for coffee its better

What Guys Said 4

• I would go with coffee.. first date is about getting to know each other, not being original. Save that for subsequent dates when you know her better and can then decide on a something that is going to impress her. You could do the most original thing ever, but if it is not her cup of tea, then you lose the brownie points. First date is going to tell you a lot about her and what you might want to do later. (or not for that matter.)

• Coffee. Smarter. Easier outs.

• Go for coffee, shopping on a first date will give off the wrong vine, kinda like someone I knew who offered gifts to girls so that they would go out with him, then afterwards when they literally had enough they would just leave him

• dont take her clothes shopping unless you plan on buying her something