Women, would you still be interested in a guy if he doesn't pay for you on the first date?

i mean as women fought for equality, i feel paying for your own expense makes sense.

Most Helpful Girl

• It's situational for me. If he asked me out and expected to me to pay my half then absolutely not.

Now on the other hand if it was just a mutual meet up to hang out no intentions of a date then totally.

OR if it was explicitly expressed (like it was with my boyfriend when we first started dating) that the guy doesn't expect to pay on the very first date since he's just using that time together to get a feel for the other person and isn't committed to them. I find that totally acceptable. Because not only were you honest with me but you had the decency to express WHY you felt it not necessary to pay on the first date.

• Society is generally based on men asking women out, on average... It doest matter if you've asked out men at times,, bottom line is on average men do the asking

So with that said, you'd basically never be obliged to pay,

How about he asks you out BUT you cover the bill because you don't even know the person

I feel bad taking anything from anyone, and im surprised so many women have no problem taking free food/drinks from guys constantly lol

• If he insists I let him pay. There is nothing wrong with that. Considering each other as "strangers" is a silly reason for the woman to pay. I've covered the tab for other dates on numerous occasions. Just because I didn't cover the tab for the first date doesn't mean I don't believe in equality. It just means THE GUY INSISTED on paying for the first date.

What Girls Said 6

• This is a constant battle for me. I try to pay or at least chip in, and unless I trick them or get the bill while they are in the restroom they never let me pay without a HUGE scene, which is the last thing I want on a date.

I would be fine if the guy didn't want to pay for me.

• No. If a man asks me out he should be paying. It's not about equality, it's about him showing me that he is considerate and a gentlemen. To use "women equality" as an excuse to not pay for a date then you are either cheap or you don't value the women you take out.

• i value them as equal... unless you want me to value you as a prostitute

• It's not the same thing. And as stated previously, if the woman asks, she should pay.

• @KillerTaco " If I am willing to come out of my pocket period it indicates that I am interested in him as a person... nothing else. I think that does equate to equality." No, it doesn't. In fact, It's shocking, alarming, and a bit disturbing as that has nothing all to do with dating equality. @shadowlegend "YOU know what you do and what your intentions are. That's all that matters." When it comes to this topic, it isn't. In fact, it's irrelevant and has nothing to do with dating equality at all. So you've either forgotten our topic is suppose to be dating equality, or you too don't know what equality actually means. In fact, it's no wonder that you two can state a dating inequality and then argue that it doesn't matter or isn't one. Perhaps you two should consult a dictionary before we continue this. I'm not trying to be mean or insult either one of you; I'm being serious.

• It makes sense to me, I certainly wouldn't do it on every woman but if she is claiming to be a feminist then yes, it makes sense.

• thats true some girls are feminist, some are not... i need to ask them before taking them out

• And also I forgot to add that you should do whatever you believe. Don't not pay for dinner just because you think you might offend her Feminist beliefs. Maybe that's what you believe too.

• I pay my own way most times. So there would be no problems here. He should at least offer though

• I would still be interested. I dont agree with having the guy pay for the date, i think each person should pay their own

• I wouldn't let him pay for me, but I still would want him to offer.

What Guys Said 1

• It does, but what you're going to find out is that a lot (but not all) liberals don't really want true, actual equality. They just want to tip things in their favor and won't give up things that actually work in their favor.