What does it mean when a guy doesn t respond?

So I was texting a guy that i like and he seemed to me and everyone around me to reciprocate my feelings, and in the conversation I slipped in the phrase "I like you" and when he responded there was no mention of it he just talked about the other part of the conversation that it was attached to and the conversation continued on until the early hours of the next day. Does this mean he does not like me in a romantic way?

The convo did continue afterwards all the way to like 2 in the morning

Most Helpful Guy

• No. Just let it go. Men in the United States (probably because we generally have to do all of the initiating in the early stages of a relationship and therefore, at times, often get are feelings hurt and thus, learn to protect them) do not like to talk about their feelings until after the woman has earned our trust. The fact that he continued the conversation means that he likes you but doesn't want to discuss feelings yet. Just date him for a while and then bring it up.

What Guys Said 1

• From a guys point of view, if he just froze he is thinking about this, of he continues and just steps over it he either took it to lightly or wants to ignore it.

What Girls Said 2

• I say yes, if he skipped over it, it was delibrate. But if you want to know then ask directly.

• The fact that he continued the convo says something. He probably doesn't have his feeling straight about you, yet.