Guys, could you be with a girl that has genital herpes?

Im 17 and i have had herpes for a year I've never had an outbreak & i doubt ill ever get one but i worry about when im older and start getting in serious relationships i obviously have to tell my partner but i feel like ill just get rejected & talked about :(

Most Helpful Guy

• Condoms don't protect you from herpes, so there are really high chances to get herpes to, so I really doubt I could be with a girl with herpes. I just don't wanna get infected too, especially in my genitals.

• Condoms can protect you & there are other ways to protect you also

• I knew you could take some pills or something to reduce the amount of outbreaks, and condoms can help reduce the risk, but there are still chances to get it.
      Maybe I was too fast giving my opinion on this, and I'm sorry about it. Now thinking about it more closely, I probably would be with a girl that has genital herpes. It's up to her to tell the me when she's getting an outbreak to protect me from them, so communication and trust is essential.
      Again, sorry for talking too fast without thinking; my bad.

• thats a better answer (:

What Guys Said 2

• You're catering to a very specific clientele at this point, hun. If he cares about you enough he may be willing to look past it but it's something most guys will be very cautious of because it is something they may have to live with for the rest of their life if they chose you as a partner. It's just another hurdle you have to overcome in dating. Be honest with whatever guy you're with and take things one step at a time.

• Well, there's a great herpes dating sight where the herpes community can mix and mingle and find love. I'm sure you'll meet a great herpes positive guy there.

Best regards.

What Girls Said 1

• Keep your chin up I'm 22 years old and I have genital herpes to my ex boyfriend give it to me he didn't know he had it i was 21at the time and I thought it was the end of the world but it's not I've been with someone else after him and i did not pass it on You just have to be honest and keep the lines of communication open just because you have herpes doesn't change who you are or distract from your good qualities you just have to find the right person I've been seeing this Guy now for a month and he knows everything but doesn't care he actually wants us to go get test together next time We see each other so my point is it's not the end of the world and it's something that I'm still struggling with to it takes time but just be honest:)

• Thank you this gives me some hope :/

• I know it isn't easy and it's hard like I said I'm still accepting it to, But the truth is we have genital herpes And whether we like it or not it's not going away but I always tell myself it could be a lot worse I could have AIDS Could have gotten something that would take my chances of having kids one day so I keep fighting my advice to you would be to take care of yourself educate yourself on genital herpes and find out if you have type 1 or type 2 if you don't already know That way when you do find somebody that you want to date you can explain everything to them that way it won't seem as scary and then everything that they have always heard about general herpes Won't seem as bad that would be my advice to you , um i would tell you to message me on here privately if you ever wanted to talk or If you ever have any questions or something but i don't know exactly how I would do that lol;) anyways I wish you all the best and hang in there It gets easier.