If a guy is not interested, why take my number?

I am very shy when it comes to giving out my number, but I worked with an older man, probably in his late 30s (I am 25), divorced with two girls. He always seemed to flirt with me, like he'd always look over at me when we were in the same room together, he would come sit and eat lunch with me, and just gave off the vibe that was interested. So on my last day (Friday) I got up the courage and gave him my number. He responded with "ok great". But I haven't heard from him so obviously he is not interested. Why not just say I'm not interested instead of taking my number?

Most Helpful Guy

• He didn't want to hurt your feelings face to face

What Guys Said 1

• I guess it would have been pretty rude to say, "I don't want that damn number."
    A girl gave me her number unsolicited, then didn't respond to the message I sent her. People can confuse ya with this sort of thing.

What Girls Said 1

• Because if he wanted it he would have asked for it. If he took out the time to interact with you he wasn't too shy to ask for your number... Men aren't that hard to read they're actually very simple and basic in that regard. You just have to take everything at face value...