Why does girlfriends mom hate me?

I've known a girl for about 3 months and her mom found out that we met on an online dating site... However she has allowed me to visit my girls house. I'm assuming this is because my girl convinced her mom to let me come over... However whenever I try to engage in any kind of conversation with her mother, she refuses to speak with me, other than saying hi when she sees me... When my girl asked her mom why she refuses to speak to me her mother stated that I was "awkward" and she didn't want to speak to me... I don't understand how I could be awkward when I'm the one trying to start conversations and I'm the one being figuratively told to fuck off... I don't mean to sound prejudice but her mother doesn't seem like the brightest bulb in the room if you catch my drift... My question is what should I do? Ignore her mom back? Keep trying to be polite and get her to like me? Or just be an ass and put her mom in her place?

Most Helpful Guy

• Coz you're banging her baby!

• The funny thing is that I'm not banging her baby... Not yet at least

Plus my last girlfriends parents caught is having sex and they were completely fine with it

What Girls Said 3

• I definitely wouldn't recommend being an ass. You might feel justified, but it's her mom. Be polite and hopefully she'll come around in time, or at least stop being such a bitch.

• Just continue being polite. Remember that's your girlfriend's mother. You should continue to respect her regardless of how she's treating you.

• Continue being polite, and be patient, hopefully one day she will come around soon.

What Guys Said 2

• Not everyone is going to like you. Get over it and be cordial.

• I would just ignore the mom.