How long does it take for you to realize that you are interested in someone?

I was just thinking about whether I know if I "like" someone or not right when I first meet them or if it's something that develops over time. Like is there something unconscious in me that's going to say "I might like to date this person." I'm sure it depends on so many things, like my personality, the other person, etc.

But I'd be interested to hear other people's thoughts on this as well. :)

Most Helpful Guy

• It can take me quite a while, to be honest. Romantic interests aren't a dime a dozen in my world, but when it does happen it is powerful.

What Guys Said 4

• It usually takes me quite a while now.. In the past I've had a tendency to get close to emotionally abusive women so I have a strict screening process now lol

• It can takes months. There are girls I've danced with that I didn't consider as liking them until I talked to them. Sure I can say they are pretty, but I don't "like" every pretty girl that walks by (that would be tiring). Something else usually has to happen for me to start to like them (unless they fit my girl kpi already (whcih usually requires them to be intelligent, and I don't know that until I get to chat with them)

• Anywhere between 30 minutes to a week.

• pretty darn long

What Girls Said 1

• When I first meet a guy I might be attracted to them but I wouldn't say I "like" them. Most of the time it isn't until about two weeks later that I realize that he is all i ever think about during the day. Then it hits like a bolder..." I really like this guy!" lol