How to know if he likes you or if he's just a flirty guy?

There's this guy I like. At first I didn't, because he's one of those guys who's over confident and tries to act like hot shit around his friends, but the more you get to know him, you realize there's more layers to him and he's not a bad kid and really sweet.

He's always messing with me and joking around. But recently, my friend sort of spilled to him that someones got a crush on him. She didn't say who, but he most likely figured it out it was me since I'm always with my friend. Since then he's extra flirty like throwing things, pushing me around, teasing me with things I say, etc.

And I've caught him many times staring at me for such a long time when I'm not looking. It's one of those stares you would see a shy kid give to a girl he likes, like so innocent and honest.

I'm just confused because when my friend mentioned about someone liking him and he gave up asking who, he told her "I guess it doesn't matter if I know, because I'm sort of talking to someone else"

So now I'm confused because is he flirty more with me because 1.) he's got a thing for me or 2.) He's being his overconfident self and liking the attention, so he's enjoying the flirtation between us.

If it's 2, someone tell me now. lol I don't want to be played with or lead on if this is just a fun thing for the guy to do.

0|0
4|7

Most Helpful Guy

• You answered your own question lol! He said, "I guess it doesn't matter if I know, because I'm sort of talking to someone else". He's talking to someone else and the only reason he's looking at you is because he knows he has developed power over you since your friend spilled the beans. He's now playing power games and tries to mess with you, string you along when you're hot for him, and then needle you when you're trying to ignore him... then that's not healthy is it? Soooo I guess it kinda spills into 2

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 6

• Ask him how much money has has, what he earns and what his total net worth is. Be prepared to offer the same to him. That will cut the bullshit IMMEDIATELY. After that train-wreck of a conversation, if you are mutually attracted physically AND mentally, you are starting from a SUPER HONEST and MEGA HEALTHY space.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't know. He could be tryin to find who has a crush on him. Unless he meant he was talking to you.

0|0
    0|0
  • Hey.. If the guy has said that he's talking to sm1 elz.. And he also knws itz you.. Then he's just playng around.. Mayb he has a sweet corner for you.. But it ain't more dan flirting

0|0
    0|0
  • Honestly It's probably the 2nd if he's one of the super over confident guys that love attention

0|0
    0|0
  • if he doesn't know how to act around u

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe he's trying to play the hard-to-get jock card

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• I'm kinda in the same situation my crush knows I love him and basically everything is going downhill now and the flirting is ending. 😒

0|0
    0|0
  • It's 2 sorry that happened 😢

0|0
    0|0
  • i think now that he thinks you like him, it gives him confidence to flirt and playfully tease you. when you catch him looking at you, he's probably trying to figure out his own feelings for you. i can't say for sure, but i think he might like you or he's starting to.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's possible he may not know it's you and means that it's you he's already interested in.

0|0
    0|0