Dating a friends ex. Need advice?

Recently my friends ex asked me out. I went on a date with him and it went fIne. My friend dated him two and a half years ago only for about 3 months. My friend has told me before she would not care if a friend dated her ex. She is noworking in a serious relationship and planning her life with a new man. I don't want to tell her yet because I've only been on one date and often times things don't turn into anything with guys. It's too soon to tell if it will go anywhere. I'm wondering if it will look bad if I wait until we know its going somewhere since she told me she would not care if a friend datedated her ex. The only reason I don't want to tel her now is if it goes nowhere I don't want her to know he did not like me.

Most Helpful Guy

• May be she would help you saying about him, but would also change your perception about him.
    It's better you stay calm, and if you feel his is ok and your relations is going to the next stem, you can talk to her about it. Often people change with time, it's not necessary that he acts the same way as your frnd did.

What Guys Said 2

• Ask your friend :)

• I couldn't do that.

What Girls Said 2

• Just for laughs and giggles, lovelust89, Approach and Broach the not so far sore subject of just 'Hanging out' with him. This way if things do Go 'Somewhere' it won't make you look like you are hiding Anything and not leave any hard feelings.
    It is one of those sticky situations, that even though it was a Month of Mondays since they split, that it Is still in between a rock and a hard place, you could say, for the old memories that she may have thought were a skeleton in her own closet, may rattle her a bit. However, by her finding Out by someone who just May see you and him together, could be the First to tell her about this before you have a chance.
    Simply tell her, make lite and semi sweet of it, that you are friends, just hanging out and right now, taking it slow with the flow Because------You don't know where it will Go.
    Good luck. xx

• She deserves to know. That is breaking a girl code. She won't care at this point but she does deserve to know.