Post first date text?

After a first date, what is the proper protocol? Should I wait for him to text me? If yes, when should he do this by? Should I text him first? If yes, when?

Most Helpful Guy

• If you like him, contact him. If you don't, don't. No need for these pointless games.

What Guys Said 5

• Depends on the guy, if he is very interested in you, he could contact you. Or if you contacted him, i am sure it would be the same. A couple of days on the safe side for a guy. If he takes weeks, there is some weird problem I guess. If you text him first, thank him/compliment, and you could ask him when you two would be meeting again, or you could just tell him that you enjoyed it.
    Hope i helped.

• There is no stupid "text etiquette" that women obsess over. What do you think it's going to happen if you text him first? Do you think he's going to delete your number and block you because you've been categorized into the "thirsty bitch" section now? No, he's just going to reply like any sane human would.

Just text him if you want to say something to him. It's literally that simple

• Calling is much better.

• Whatever happened to calling someone? I think that's much more personal than texting, because so much can get lost in written words.

• Just say you had a great first date and would like to do it again

What Girls Said 8

• OK The Rules say don't text him and he will contact you within three days to set up another date. That is the "Protocol" and in my experience a lot of guys do play the three day game. But...

I would shoot him a text and just say thanks again; see if he sets something else up then.

Screw the rules, follow your gut.

• If you had a good time text him saying that you did! Don't worry about all this "should I text for or wait for him to text me" stuff, too many people worry about being seen as needy if they text first, especially if it's a girl texting a guy. Straight up if you had a good time then text him saying you did!

• an actual call would be better. sometimes you can tell if a person is interested by the sound of their voice.

• I usually send a hope you got home safely text, especially if I know they live quite far away from the date. Most guys usually responds immediately afterwards, but like other said the three day rule usually apply.

• Lol I don't know if there's any protocol for it!
    I text 'Thanks for everything today' and sometimes I add 'looking forward for the next date' then he will reply or just chit chatting other things like our usual daily texts.

• I've heard of the 3 day rule? But apparently it's common for it to be interrperated as the 3 week rule? I don't know

• If he's into you wait he will text you

• There are no rules. Be yourself and if you like him call him or text saying you had a great time and would be interested in going out again.