Just told 18 year old girl I am dating that hanging out with her and her 18 year old friends is not my idea of a good time... reasonable?

I'm 23 dating a girl who is 18. Her friends are typical 18 year old silly girls and I'm 23 and focused on a career. She invites me to get drunk with them and I always turn it down because that is hell to me. They have full conversations about episodes of Vegetales. I just told her that getting drunk with a bunch of 18 year old girls is not my idea of a fun time and she got mad. Oops. I was just being honest, I cam't stand it.

Am I being reasonable? I want pretty much nothing to do with partying with her friends.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah, I admire your honesty. Once you hit your age, the less mature factor can start to be very noticeable, especially in clusters of teen girls.

On a side note, you should really try an older woman. How YOU doin'? :P

What Girls Said 3

• Well if you were honest with her and she couldn't handle it, that is her problem.
    Really though, if you don't see the chemistry, what is the point in the relationship?

• You did the right thing and there's nothing wrong with what you said also if I saw a 23 year old with a bunch of 18 year olds id be like perveee

• Being honest is always the best thing you can do, it can hurt, but you don't want to be stuck in a relationship that puts you in uncomfortable situations just because you don't want them to be mad.

She might need some time to comprehend you and maybe talk back, but yeah, you're being reasonable.

What Guys Said 3

• playing in the kindergarten is one of the problems when you want to date girls that much younger than you.

• LOL. Concentrating on your career or will drinking alcohol hurt dem gainz

• It may be true but you just insulted her fam-o-ly and her tem-paw!