Started a new relationship. Her ex won't stop texting her?

Me and a friend were dating for 4 weeks and made it official last week. Well before me there was a guy she dated for 3 months and she broke it off for good reasons. Well now she is with me, he keeps trying to get some kind of response from her by sending text messages. She told me she has been ignoring his texts so e can get the hint and finally the day after we made it official he text her again and she responded and told him she is with someone and he told her off and made her cry... I told her she should of never replied and to cut him off because it seems like he just wants a response... Well yesterday he text her again saying "hey" and I'm really getting pissed about this now but she reassures me I have nothing to worry about and she will never respond to him ever again...

Should I believe what's going on? I don't feel comfortable now and it sucks we were fine until we made it official. I even asked her does she need time to herself to deal with this issue because I don't want to deal with this

Most Helpful Girl

• There's such things as spam blocking settings and Mr Number app for smartphones. I suggest she use it. Don't bread up with her cos he's a douche. Sounds like he misses having control over her and can't stand her trying to be content with him in the past.

What Girls Said 2

• the fact that she cried over something he said is a little weird. she shouldn't care. and by now she should have just changed her number.

• He belittled her in a way that her ex husband did in a past relationship she had. She said it made her think about the bad feelings and not because she was being belittled...

• She probably texting him. I've done the same. Just deleted messages and such. Girls are sneaky

• Based on what she is telling me she has ignored him for the past 3 weeks and finally replied to him after we made it official saying she is with someone now and to move on and his response was belittling her. Then 2 days later text her saying "hey". Either this guy has mental issues or my new gf is replying to his text...

• I'm more on your side on this but it's only been a week so I'm giving her the benefit of a doubt that she will handle this... If not I'll break it off with her. She can block his number or change her number or I'm out is what's going to happen this continues...

• Well guess what for the past two weeks she sneaks off on me and doesn't come home until the next day I think she got back with the ex even though she was still sleeping with me... She broke it off with me this morning bc and she won't admit she has been talking to him... I think she used me as a filler and rebound and now they are back together she dumped me... Lmao wow

What Guys Said 2

• Ask her to block his number from her phone so the texting stops. It'll take 2 minutes, tops.

If she doesn't want to, ask her why. Communicate. Discuss the problem.

That is the only way you will arrive at a solution.

• I was in a relationship with a girl where the ex wouldn't stop texting her and she told me she never responded. Well I was with her for over a year and he continued to text her and she would show me that she never responded. I finally thought something was up and checked into it further. She had been communicating with him through social media and text but was deleting the messages. I believed her at the beginning but then realized a guy doesn't text for that long of a time without getting a response. So I would say give her the benefit of the doubt at first but if this is still an issue say a month or two down the road you know there is more to it. As they say where there is smoke there is fire.

• I agree since we made it official last week. Time will tell if she is BSing with me... I asked her today if he text her and that's when she told me yes yesterday "hey" but she ignored and she said she didn't want to upset me that's why she just ignored and said she just wants to move forward with me. Truthfully it kinda killed the mood now I have to think about if he is going to text her everyday... She also made it sound like something is wrong with me bringing it up saying to just ignore it so we can move on... I guess time will tell I can't accuse her since I have no evidence that she is leading him on...

• At this point it is easier said than done after you develop strong feelings for her a couple of weeks down the line, to break it off with her. Another girl mentioned that it was weird if she got upset because of what the guy said. Honestly that is a serious red flag to me if someone I didn't care about said something to me rude it wouldn't bother me at all but if it was someone that I cared about it would really hurt. I think you have several warning signs and you need to keep your guard up until she actually earns your trust. The women I know personally dealt with like this like to say they aren't talking to them or whatever to earn your trust then once they think they have you invested enough they start bringing a few things at a time you don't like back into the relationship. Then when you object they say you are insecure or making too much out of nothing. They do this because they think that you are invested enough that you won't leave because you care about them too much.

• She was actually with me when she was feared up I asked what happened and that's when she told me about him texting her. See she got of a verbal abusive marriage a while back and the reason she broke it off with the guy who keep texting her is he ended up being just like her ex on the verbal abusive part... So his text to her when she told him about me was on the same abusive side calling her a failure and that's why they didn't work and will be the reason why me and her will not work etc. So she was asking me was there anything about her that would end us etc... I said yea replying to that guy... Lol she swore to me she will ignore him from now on... I personally just got out a 4 year with a chick who was a player so I have tough skin and will drop this new GF if I find out she has been lying to me...