Will the age gap be a problem for us?

I'm 19 and he's 22. He is extremely intelligent, funny, patient and understanding. We both agree that age is a number. He has constantly asked me why I have never dated. I tell him that, it's because the guys my age are so immature to the point where if "fart" is in a sentence they bust out laughing. He says he loves talking to me, and I him. I am not looking for sex and he knows that and completely fine with where I stand. I was just wondering if he'd think if I am immature and just leave me. What are the bad consequences of seeing someone older?

Most Helpful Guy

• No, I don't think that would be a problem at all. Only 3 years. You should be just fine.

What Guys Said 5

• That's not an age gap.
    If you place limitations on yourself saying that your partner has to be the same age or perhaps just a year older than you then you will really limit your options in life.

• That is not a big age gap. Ten years apart is a big age gap. When one partner is 7 or more years older, it sort of starts to get weird.

• That is a tiny age gap, I personally wouldn't worry about it. That's 3 years, I have a friend who is dating a girl with an 8 year age difference and they are doing just fine. It all depends on you and what you feel to be right

• You'll be perfectly fine.

• That is hardly a gap, and is a very common age combination.
    Once the gap reaches 10 years, it can be funky, depending on the people involved.
    I have dated 12 years difference with success.

What Girls Said 3

• It's only a problem if you're at different places in your lives. My fiance is 4 years older than me and things are great. I know couples with a 20+ year span who do amazing together and I know couples who aren't even a full year apart that are on totally different wave lengths and struggle like crazy.

• Oh man! That is no gap at all. I am also 19 talking with a 28 year old I think I should be the one concerned lol

• That's an age gap? I don't think you'll have a problem.