Has anyone here had success with online dating?

My friend is 22 and she's never had a boyfriend. Lately her parents have been on her case about it so when she complained to me about it I jokingly told her to try online dating. She told me she'd try it if I did too. So now I'm a bit tempted since I have been single for a little over two years and I feel my chances of dating in my small town are slim. Is online dating a good option?

Most Helpful Girl

• In the last few years, I've gone out with probably close to 35 guys (mostly from OK Cupid). Most were just a couple of dates, some lasted a couple months, and couple that went on for longer. Eventually, everything just ends up fizzling out. The second longest lasting relationship I've had post divorce was someone I met on online, but that didn't last, so back to OKC,

Bottom Line: mixed results but no real complaints

What Guys Said 8

• It can be very rough. If you are a trusting person, prepare to be lied to... A lot. Make your meets quick and simple. Don't email them back and forth for months like many girls do. You want to meet them publicly and in person. People lie in their profiles a lot! Guys claim to be taller. Girls try to look thinner. Married people sneak on. Girls dine and dash on guys. Guys try to hook up with girls wanting a relationship. Just be very careful.

• everyone i know who have tried had NO success basically

• Online dating is for good, kindhearted, giving, and sorry but stupid people.
    Online dates hurt way more than a real one if you're a sensative person.
    I strongly reccomend you don't do it, unless all you wanna do is just a quick hookup.

• Since I am a very shy person, I use online dating services for that purpose. I've been using http://www.bridge-of-love.com for some time and managed to date several Russian girls from there. It really works, and if you had some bad experience, it doesn't mean that you have to give up...;)

• Met my ex online

• Sadlt not yet, i've met a couple people who were really good potentials, but didn't work. It's really hard, especially when most people only reply once or twice and never keep talking.

• U can date me :). Lol jk but we can talk :p

• Plenty of fish! Not for romance, but for hookups with mentally deranged women! lol

What Girls Said 4

• Nearly four years ago, a man from Egypt found me on Fb and we had started a whirlwind romance. After getting to know him Better on Skype, I then flew off to th emagical land of Cairo, where I stayed with him and his family for 30 days. Things went so well, after returning home, I hopped on board again, this time tying the knot with him at at the Ministry of Justice. I resided there for awhile, learning how to be a Muslim's wife.
    I am back in the states now and although we have had many ups and downs, break ups and make ups, we still have managed to keep our marriage together. It's not always easy, for I have done him and the family wrong when I went astray and ended up cheating on him. He did forgive me, loves me unconditionally, but with so many online dating services out there, he doesn't trust me a hundred percent anymore... I admit I have tried a couple.
    Online dating isn't for everyone. However, it seems to be more prevalent today, rather than go to a bar, spend sometimes time and money and just end up many times coming home alone. With the date sites, finding the Ones that are the most reputable and free, you can choose who you would like to speak to, meet up with and if you don't find they are your type, delete them and move on. Plus you are in the comfort of your own living room...
    And with online dating sites, it is always good to do some extensive homework on what to look for when someone is behind the curtain... there are many cons and scammers out there and one should be educated in knowing everything they would need to know to try and avoid a bad and sad situation.
    Good luck. xx

• All i say is be careful of a CATFISH, if you start dating one then u'd be equally hurt, but there are many successful people too, they're already married, make sure the persons not fake thats all, and doesn't sound too good to be real

• I've had this problem with women too but mainly with them using misleading photos then I show up and they're heavier. I hear girls have this problem with guys claiming to be taller.

• I've spoken to a couple of guys on an online dating site. I only met up with one. We've been on 2 dates yet and already have our 3rd one planned. We both want a serious relationship, but we also want to take our time and take things slowly. We have an AMAZING connection and things might work out. One of my girl friends met her current bf on an online dating site (they're been together for 9 months). I do think it can work :)

• I got my first boyfriend online too, we've been dating for 2 months but we started talking back in February . Our biggest problem so far was my insecurities, which I got over with him. I think it's worth a shot, as long as you be careful.