Do I call him or do I not???

If a guy gives a girl his number but doesn't ask for hers, what does it mean? He is not all that keen? Is it wrong for a girl to call? Should she expect him to chase her? Does he expect her to chase him?

Question for flirting or dating category? I don't know.

Most Helpful Girl

• I am a very shy person when it comes to asking for numbers so usually if I want someone to call me I will give out my number. If I don't really want to talk to them or anything I will ask for theirs instead. That way I know I don't have to worry about them calling me and feeling awkward as I stumble for an excuse to get off the phone. And since I am not very good at making the first initial moves I know if they are really interested they will give me a ring.

I would say call him. What's the worst that could happen?

• Thanks for taking the time to reply. Much appreciated. I am ridiculously shy and hate being this way but can't help it. He gave me his number a while back and it was completely out of the blue but it wasn't a good time for me to get in touch with him. I have recently text him asking if he would like to meet up but no answer. Do you think I have blown my chance with him? I don't want to be a pest to him so reluctant to try and get in touch again also too chicken for fear of rejection.

• I would say try again but this time call. And if he doesn't pick up leave your number and a message telling him to call if he wants to hang out some time. The worst that could happen is that he says no or he doesn't call you back. If that does happen. Chance are that you won't run into him again to be embarrassed by it.

Rejection happens. You get over it. There are plenty of other fish in the sea. And he's not the only one after the bait.

What Guys Said 2

• This is how I look at it he should ask for your number then him giving he's but try calling him maybe he doesn't know how to ask for yours so just call or text you got nothing to lose.

• Means he wants you to call her

What Girls Said 4

• I definitely do not think this means he wants you to chase him, nor do I think you should be expected to chase him. I think he is just trying to turn the tables on you. He wants you to call. I say give him a call. No more than two times, max within maybe a week's time. Leave him your number. If he doesn't call you back, forget it. You make the first effort and if he doesn't reciprocate, then forget him!

• A lot of people have a fear of rejection and so they give their number to leave it up to the other person. If you call it'll show that you're interested and if you don't then it'll show that you aren't. I don't think it's a matter of chasing on either parts. Knowing a person isn't interested by not receiving a phone call is a much easier pill to swallow than being rejected directly when asking someone for their number.

• He gave you his number, so I think you should call him. Its simple as that.

Just make sure you don't call him all the time. If you do this will make it seem that you obsessed with him and that might creep that guy the out.

What I'm saying is try texting him first and see if he responds in a good way.

• It doesn't mean anything, the guy I'm seeing at the moment gave me his number and said he didn't want mine because he wanted to see was I really interested in him. That's all, so that could be his case, more of a compliment for you! Just give him a wee text and then he has your number so then well see if he's really interested. If he writes back then he is! That's what I think.

• Thanks for taking the time to reply. Much appreciated. I did send a reply but it has been a while since he gave number. He has quite possibly moved on. Should I text again or does that look a bit sad?