He doesn't know I exist?

and I kinda like him... he goes to my university but he doesn't know me. I knew his first name because I heard one of his friends call him and he responded. I was on my Facebook, bored looking through suggested friends and adding people I recognized. Then his profile picture came up. I figured it wouldn't be a bad idea to add him. I didn't expect anything of it but barely even a minute later he accepted. Ok I'll admit once he accepted I sorta stalked his Facebook a little- what I'm human. And he's from Pennsylvania, which is actually where my family's from and he's a huge flyers fan and so am I so that's kinda cool. He doesn't have a gf and I don't think he ever has but there was one really pretty girl that he seems really close with but he just refers to her as "an old friend". Don't know what to make of that. Anyway I see him in passing sometimes not often and I've seen him at the library before. Anyway how do I move things further? should I message him on fb or is that too weird? I'm not insecure about my looks I like how I look. but I'm a big nerd in the sense I love fanfiction and poetry and he's like a cool jock :/ but on the outside I've been called attractive and have had past bfs.

What Guys Said 1

• Talk to him in person, if you message him on Facebook it will just be lame given you're never formally met.

• what do you mean by lame? like awkward or like its impersonal? I'm not good at talking/flirting with guys and if its a guy I like I'm most likely gonna mess up :/

• Not really awkward, it is impersonal and mainly you want to make an impression. If you go up and talk to him in person it will stand out a lot more to him. He'll be like "Wow, I can't believe that really cool girl came up and talked to me" it shows confidence and not many girls do it. Where's he's not as likely to go like "Wow, I can't believe that really cool girl messaged me on facebook".. Lol. I don't know, a girl in my class once randomly messaged me on Facebook asking if I liked her, and I just thought it was kinda lame given she could have easily asked me after class in person. Maybe it's just me, but that's what I think anyway, lol. Don't worry about messing it up, honestly he won't care what you do.. The fact that you come up to him will impress him, even if you do think you'll "mess up".

What Girls Said 0