Am I being too picky, thinking this guy is clingy?

The last post was about a guy who I asked out, he agreed and then never followed through. I was so excited to meet another guy, who asked me out the same week. Anyways I am now super leery as this guy seems to love laying it on thick. I haven't even gone on a date w/him and he's already calling me doll, hun etc over texts. He also is really laying on the compliments, almost to a point that it's just too much. He did ask me if he was overdoing it and I said yes. Why is it so hard to find a happy medium between total flake and obsessive guy? All I want is a genuine guy, he doesn't have to give me compliments all the time or flatter me every step of the way. What is going on?

Most Helpful Guy

• Is this genuine enough? Not every guy you meet is going to be a gem. It sounds like you're overly eager to go on a date and so you're not being discerning enough about who you consider dating. That said, it's part of the dating process. You're gonna have some less than stellar candidates apply but that doesn't mean you have to hire them. Be patient, the right guy will come along.

What Guys Said 3

• What exactly is wrong with what he's doing? I don't get it.

• Um, talk to the guy who didn't follow through again? What's so bad about clingy?

• He's clingy for all I know. I wonder if he has hit women before.

What Girls Said 0