Does anyone have a list of what they want there potential partners to be like?

I have things that I want and won't budge on, and then I have things that i'm willing to give up for the other person. Does anyone else think like this?

• Yes I do
  • I don't really care

Most Helpful Girl

• Back before I met my husband, I had some ideas of certain things I desired in a man, but I understood that all people are different and that my opinion of someone could change over time or if I cared for them enough. I remember that all I really wanted was a man who looked nerdy and he had to love video games. Of course, as superficial as that sounds, I've always had a bias toward nerdy men because of more than just appearances. Most of nerdy men I've ever known were respectful, smart, loyal, hard-working, etc., and those personality traits definitely played (and continue to play) a part in why I find said men so attractive. Obviously, this is a bit biased and won't be true in 100% of cases either way, but it is human nature to be biased.

You're definitely not alone. I had a select few things I wouldn't budge on, and even then, I did end up relaxing some of these things because I fell in love. For example, when I met my husband, he smoked, and I hadn't ever thought I could date a smoker. Instead, I fell in love much too quickly to put much emphasis on that, and it turned out that he quit within our first month of dating out of respect for me, so it all worked out.

I think it's nice to have a somewhat "loose" idea of what you want in a person, and be open to changing those ideas depending on their importance to you. Either way, it really can't be helped that people think about and wonder about possible future partners, so you're bound to have some idea of what she or he could be like.

• There will always be a couple things that are important to me that I will not budge on, but I can pretty much budge on anything else.

What Girls Said 3

• There is a look I find I'm more attracted to, but I don't really have a list of what they need to look like. I do have a list for personality, though. Personality is more important to me.

• I mean looks aren't as important to me as personality and beliefs. But looks do matter some.

• Yes. If I'm not attracted to them the chances are I won't ever date them. Can't always be helped lol. I just don't really keep a list of must haves.

• I care but I dont have a list. I'm saying this because the more I learn about the people I date the more I know mentally what I want in a real partner. And for my self to Learn.

• Exactly, as you meet more people. you develop more of a keen sense of what you are looking for.

• Yes, I share the same views.

What Guys Said 3

• Yes of course. I certainly think like this!

This would be my kind of woman:

I like confident and independent women who are not full of themselves. They don't necessarily need a man in their lives, but want one because they're not ultra feminists who believe that men are meaningless, unnecessary, or just obsessed with sports. Basically a girl with good perspective on life.

I will say that I usually am more attracted to white girls. I don't have any "perfect" body type that I prefer; just as long as everything's (relatively) proportional. Her height and weight create a normal BMI score and everything fits her body. Having a beautiful face is most attractive. That being smooth skin, deep eyes, great smile, good teeth, beautiful hair, etc.

Someone who has good financial sense and knows how to keep what they earn is very important. I don't care what her profession is though. If she's mature and carries herself with confidence and poise, I don't care about things like career choice or education level. Having a true perspective on life, certain level of self-awareness, and high character and courage are what's most important. Don't care what her sexual history is. Could have been with 100+ men or a virgin, as long as she's been smart about STD prevention and is loyal to me. Probably someone within my age range... which currently is 21 +/- 4 years; that's not a hard rule though.

• Physically, most things I can give up on what I preference. Personality wise, no I can't budge, it's too damn important.

• Guilty as charged!