Should I break up with my long distance boyfriend?

I met my current boyfriend 6 months ago in the beginning of the summer. We exchanged numbers. I found out he goes to school 5 hours away! but since we had just started talking i didn't think much of it because we were just casually dating. Well one thing led to another and we fell for each other during the summer. We hung out everyday, went on amazing dates and before you know it we were inseparable. Before he left he expressed his concerns on us dating long distance and i also had concerns since my last relationship was long distance and it ended really badly (i was cheated on). But he said he'd come down for Thanksgiving which he did and would be back on Christmas break (he'll be back this week) and that he'd come down on all of his breaks. So it seemed to be going well the first month he was gone. But then i started noticing he didn't message me as much. And we don't talk or Skype just text since we both have busy schedules so i don't mind him texting me. But before he'd text me all day. Then he changed to a couple of times a day which i didn't mind since we were both busy. He'd send me pics of him or what he had to eat or even funny things he had seen throughout his day. And then he just started textingme once a day just late at night then it changed to him texting me every other day. And now he's taking 2 maybe 3 days to reply. It makes me kinda sad because i can't even get a simple goodnight or good morning text from my own boyfriend. And sometimes i worry something has happened to him and then he just replies days later as if nothing has happened asking me how I've been. I feel like he's losing interest or doesn't care. I've tried talking to him about it and his excuse is he's simply busy. but he was never that busy before where he couldnt even send me one text and then i see him liking things on instagram. what should i do? should i break it off?

Most Helpful Guy

• Confront him, ask him if it is that much of a burden to send a good night, good morning text message. Is it that hard to spend 5 minutes typing a text for you? If he can't compromise then the relationship is just not worth that much to him. Long distance relationship requires a decent amount of communication, some sacrifices are to be expected from both sides, constant effort is necessary.

What Guys Said 2

• Well yes? Perhaps he slowed his texting because you were not texting back, or not initiating.

• Maybe he's getting busy. I wouldn't blame him, but it's really hard to keep a long distance relationship.

What Girls Said 3

• Four years ago, a man from Egypt found me on Facebook and we had started a whirlwind romance. After getting to know him Better on Skype, I then flew off to the magical land of Cairo where I stayed for 30 days. After coming back home, I then hopped on board again, this time tying the knot at the Ministry of Justice. I resided there for awhile with him and the family, learning how to be a Muslim's wife.
    I am back in the states now, we resumed out marriage and to be quite honest, we have had many ups and downs, break ups and make ups because I have not gone back to be with him in a very long time. Between my own personal reasons and the Middle East having gotten worse since then, I even ended up cheating on him, putting a wedge in our relationship, an even bigger sour ball in his family's mouth about me. However, he loves me unconditionally and we have managed to still stay together... he has yet to divorce me and is still hoping I will be back to him one day.
    It's not easy to be in this kind of relationship. It takes two to tango and two to make the effort.
    It sounds like he is Not raring to be in a LDR with you now. And without Skype, which Does keep the lines of communication wide open and the romance a chance to keep sizzling, a relationship of this nature can go dead real quick in the water.. face to face is always the best...
    You say he is coming home this week on Christmas break. You both need to get on the same page and have a long serious convo of where you stand. You've already been before in a LDR that failed, don't Stay in one, being the only One who does all the leg work and he is doing nothing on his end because he is trying to give you helpful subtle Hints That----I see him liking things on instagram.
    He may be wanting to 'Break it off' with you... he may have found Other interests, other people and may just want to be his own free bird. Have a talk as soon as possible before this goes into the new year and ends up a dead duck deal.
    Good luck. xx

• I would break it off honestly. Going hours, MAYBE a day without texting is understandable, but days at a time? That's not right. No matter how busy his schedule is he would make time for you if he was genuinely interested. Maybe he is going through personal things but it's not your job to sit around. In my opinion I would break things off before it ends with you getting your heart break. I wish you the best of luck!

• Talk to him about it, communication is a biggie in any relationship